Crash Bang Wallop!

R1evad
This post is 5911 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Got taken out in the fog at 20mph today (weds 13) by myopic pesioner waiting till the last minuite to pull out in front of me....nuff said.

broken collar bone and damage all down LH side of 2006 R1.(didnt make its 1st bday on Mar 1) :angry:

THIS IS THE CRUCIAL BIT..........WILL PROBABLY END IN A LAW SUIT. (HOPE NOT) :blink:

A fellow 06 R1 owner had an almost identical spill on a roudabout last April. His bike went down on the RH side and cost thick end of £1000 :o to replace: clutch cover, side panel, air intake, seat unit, top faring, screen,brake lever, mirror, indicator etc... At the time he had no pillion pegs fitted, (so they did not dig in and damage rear subframe). and no crash bungs. The bike was as mr" Y" had sent it out.

Looking at the damage caused by such a minor spill, once repaired we both fitted R&G crash bungs; upper, lower and bar end, believing this would be a small investment (£125 or so) compared to the alternative.

HOWEVER, THE BUNGS ON MINE HAVE BENT BACK AND CRACKED THE LH TOP ENGINE MOUNT AND DAMAGED THE FRAME IN THE SWINGARM PIVOT AREA.

Granted, the panel damage and engine case damage has been reduced somewhat, but at the expense of a frame, which looks like being a total loss :angry:

<_< Hmmmmmmm must remember to take them off the blade, once my collar bone in one piece again.

DISCUSS..........

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Got taken out in the fog at 20mph today (weds 13) by myopic pesioner waiting till the last minuite to pull out in front of me....nuff said.

broken collar bone and damage all down LH side of 2006 R1.(didnt make its 1st bday on Mar 1) :angry:

THIS IS THE CRUCIAL BIT..........WILL PROBABLY END IN A LAW SUIT. (HOPE NOT) :blink:

A fellow 06 R1 owner had an almost identical spill on a roudabout last April. His bike went down on the RH side and cost thick end of £1000 :o to replace: clutch cover, side panel, air intake, seat unit, top faring, screen,brake lever, mirror, indicator etc... At the time he had no pillion pegs fitted, (so they did not dig in and damage rear subframe). and no crash bungs. The bike was as mr" Y" had sent it out.

Looking at the damage caused by such a minor spill, once repaired we both fitted R&G crash bungs; upper, lower and bar end, believing this would be a small investment (£125 or so) compared to the alternative.

HOWEVER, THE BUNGS ON MINE HAVE BENT BACK AND CRACKED THE LH TOP ENGINE MOUNT AND DAMAGED THE FRAME IN THE SWINGARM PIVOT AREA.

Granted, the panel damage and engine case damage has been reduced somewhat, but at the expense of a frame, which looks like being a tatal loss :angry:

<_< Hmmmmmmm must remember to take them off the blade, once my collar bone in one piece again.

DISCUSS..........

OUCH!!!!! my friend sorry to hear that m8,same thing happened to me on my 07 RS125...no injuries to me THANK THE BIG GUY IN THE SKY but thick end of £500 or damage to my pockey rocket.

thing is i fitted a full set of R+G to my beloved machine after being told R+G would not cause any frame damage IE they would not bendor snap.

now im worried as i have just ordered a full set for my 08 R6.....obviously i would prefer the panel damage than a wankered frame so hmmmmmm maybe a canceled order!!!! anybody else got the same horror stories and should i fit them......or just carry a 9mm to put old dodering fucks out of there misery for retarded bike mauling and collar bone damaging driving :-) hope you heel well m8.

simon

Thanks Simon. 9mm idea a good one ;)

I have pictures of the "april" damage, when I get the pics for the latest one, I`ll have a go at posting some so you can all see exactly what has gone on.

I got hit in the front nearside of my 06 ZX-6R last september by a chap in a chelsea tractor who pulled across me without looking. Only a 15mph or so impact, but because of the point of impact and the fact the bike didnt have crash bungs it was a total write-off. Lack of them mushrooms cost over £5000 in damage. Needless to say I'm fitting some to my new R6.

Sorry to hear about your accident tho dude. Collar bones a nasty break. Hope you heal up real soon.

I got hit in the front nearside of my 06 ZX-6R last september by a chap in a chelsea tractor who pulled across me without looking. Only a 15mph or so impact, but because of the point of impact and the fact the bike didnt have crash bungs it was a total write-off. Lack of them mushrooms cost over £5000 in damage. Needless to say I'm fitting some to my new R6.

Sorry to hear about your accident tho dude. Collar bones a nasty break. Hope you heal up real soon.

crash bungs that are on the frame are realy ony meant if you drop your bike when not moving . i droped me bike when i lost my balance in my garage and there was no damage apart from it bent the foot peg . with out bungs i would of had alot of panel damage

• 2 weeks later...

Two weeks on from the rude awakening and EQUITY RED STAR, who were the unlucky insurance co. covering both myself fully comp AND the driver of afformentioned Hyundai, have agreed to a no fault claim, so MY ncb and excess are intact and ALL costs are being laid against the car drivers policy......... :lol:

So, once the engineer has agreed to write the R1 off (frame damage) I should be able to report the acquisition of my brand new steed................Hmmm choices :rolleyes:;)

Wach this space!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online