new girl on the block =)

Kayla
This post is 5932 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I thought it only polite to say 'hi' to everyone as I've just joined- no point in lurking at the back looking shifty is there?

I don't have a bike (at the minute), although I have had a few small sports bikes in the past- FZR400RR, SZR660s, TZR250s, that kind of thing. My bf has a Buell Firebolt 12 which is very lovely. We're looking to build me a little hardtail bobber this year around an SR250, money permitting (as ever...)

Anyway, that's me for now :P

Kayla

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I thought it only polite to say 'hi' to everyone as I've just joined- no point in lurking at the back looking shifty is there?

I don't have a bike (at the minute), although I have had a few small sports bikes in the past- FZR400RR, SZR660s, TZR250s, that kind of thing. My bf has a Buell Firebolt 12 which is very lovely. We're looking to build me a little hardtail bobber this year around an SR250, money permitting (as ever...)

Anyway, that's me for now :P

Kayla

hi and welcome, its my first time back for a long time too :lol: we can be newbies together. i bought for my little treat yesterday a fazer 1000, any one know any probs or helpfull hints re usage would be oblidged cheers keith

hi and welcome, its my first time back for a long time too :lol: we can be newbies together. i bought for my little treat yesterday a fazer 1000, any one know any probs or helpfull hints re usage would be oblidged cheers keith

Hiya,

Thanks for the welcome :)

Well... I just won an XS250 for £24 off ebay. It's a jigsaw puzzle but it's (apparently) complete and it should make a lovely little bobber or maybe a dirt tracker :D

There's no way I'll keep up with my BF's Buell though :blink:

Kayla

:welcome: to the forum Kayla

Congrats on your newly aquired XS......I've had a few of those in the past ;)

NO better way to thoroughly know a bike than to put it together yourself :thumb:

:welcome: to the forum Kayla

Congrats on your newly aquired XS......I've had a few of those in the past ;)

NO better way to thoroughly know a bike than to put it together yourself :thumb:

We collected the bike on Sunday and were pleasantly surprised- it was built up and rolling! We were expecting a frame, engine and boxes of bits but it only (only!) needed wiring and finishing off.

My boyfriend spent all of yesterday with his spanners and soldering iron and at about 4pm it wheezed into life :D

So... hopefully... I'll have a bike that's rideable soon. I think I'll ride it for a bit to get used to it then take the grinder to it and try and cut some of the excess weight off. It's getting a street tracker seat unit and nice paint too :D

Kayla (very, very happy with her purchase)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online