RAC3R
This post is 5932 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi i have been searching forums for a very long time now so i thought it was time to go to the best!

i am 18 and have never ridden a bike but i will soon be taking the test for my restricted licence...once i have passed i was hoping to buy a 2001 R6 and fitting a restricter kit...any advice? i have also recieved a decent insurance quote of £1200

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
Guest FZ6 GEOFF S2

Welcome! I have got a FZ Fazer 600 S2 with restrictor kit on and I got 111mph out of it!!! A friend of mine says he get the same out of his restricted R6!

Hurry up and pass your test :lol:.

so were abouts in the UK are you from??

Welcome along and good luck with your test.

Please please please be careful on the bike as not only will it be your first bike but the earlier R6's have been known to be more twitchy at the rear and can easily throw you over even at 33bhp! You have to remember to respect the bike and it will respect you as it wont be a cheap bike to fix and you insurance wont like you too much if you drop it or crash it!!!

Now my sensible bit is over........

Enjoy the bike and safe riding and if you want to gain more experience o the bike one of the best places to learn about bike handling is on a riding school day or trackday, ive been round snetterton on mine and it was a fantastic experience!!

Have fun and get some pics up when you get the bike!!! Take care!! :D

Matt

Thanks for the advice i will definately be taking it very easy for a long time...which year do you think is the best to buy bearing in mind my budget is a about £2500 - £3000 max...also how much do one of those track days cost?

Again thank you for the advice!

Guest FZ6 GEOFF S2

I have done two trackdays 1 at mallory and 1 at donnington on my resticted license you can do track days at cadewell, snetterton, rocking etc on a restricted bike (33bhp).

Hi i have been searching forums for a very long time now so i thought it was time to go to the best!

i am 18 and have never ridden a bike but i will soon be taking the test for my restricted licence...once i have passed i was hoping to buy a 2001 R6 and fitting a restricter kit...any advice? i have also recieved a decent insurance quote of £1200

Hi mate, sounds like a plan to me. Where did you get your quote from for £1200?

Ron Haslam runs a trackday / race school at Donnington, you can use their bikes and all their gear and pick up some one to one tuition too. Will also be helpful when it comes to road riding as it teaches you real life high speed handling techniques. Full licence not required!!

Guest FZ6 GEOFF S2

Hi mate, sounds like a plan to me. Where did you get your quote from for £1200?

Ron Haslam runs a trackday / race school at Donnington, you can use their bikes and all their gear and pick up some one to one tuition too. Will also be helpful when it comes to road riding as it teaches you real life high speed handling techniques. Full licence not required!!

But if you aint got a full licence have been told you have to do it on CBR125's if you are under 21.

I have done a trackday at donington park and watch out for Mcclains corner (just before copice) if your front tyre aint warm enuff as i made the mistake of sliding and ending up in the gravel!!

Good fun thou! lol

But if you aint got a full licence have been told you have to do it on CBR125's if you are under 21.

I have done a trackday at donington park and watch out for Mcclains corner (just before copice) if your front tyre aint warm enuff as i made the mistake of sliding and ending up in the gravel!!

Good fun thou! lol

Anyone over 14 can now do it on a CB500. If you're used to riding a 600 regularly then a CBR600RR is supplied. After that they'll let you on a Fireblade.

Anyone over 14 can now do it on a CB500. If you're used to riding a 600 regularly then a CBR600RR is supplied. After that they'll let you on a Fireblade.

Hi im 15, Almost 16 does that mean i can go and do that track day?!

Hi im 15, Almost 16 does that mean i can go and do that track day?!

Yes Phil, you can do it on a Honda CB500. You get to use their bike, with full kit and caboodle - race leathers, lid etc etc. Full pre track briefing, 2:1 tuition on track. Followed by a handling course. Ron is usually about, sometimes Leon mucks in too. £179.

www.haslamraceschool.com

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online