R6 Insurance query

dan2008
This post is 5963 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi,

Thinking of getting a new (07) R6. Have been on a couple of insurance websites looking for quotes and one in particular offers the R6 at approx half the cost compared to other 600cc sports bikes.

I've checked that I've put my details in correctly god knows how many times. Personally I reckon its a mistake within the website and how it calculates the premium eg, when I put in YZF-R6, it really thinks I've said something that resembles a hairdryer.

Do you think the insurance company can make me pay the extra if at some point after I've purchased it they realise the error. Do you think there is an error or is it me? I read an old review from 2002 that said 'due to a bizarre insurance mix up I had to sell the bike', and i don't really want to be in that position.

Any ideas??

Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Assuming that you put your details in correctly and asked for the same level of cover, then you would be insured. You should also check what you are insured for, as this can mean alot of difference to the cost.

Thanks, the policy is fully comp with most things included. Just thought it very strange that there should be a huge difference between R6 compared to CBR/GSX-R/ZX etc when every other site has them at same cost.

Guest R6 DYS

HI MATE

MAKE SURE YOU ARE PUTTING THE YZF-R6 THEY SHOULD THEN ASK YOU FOR YEAR OF BIKE WITH A DROP DOWN MENU, PUT IN YEAR OF BIKE IF IT COMES BACK WITH THE SAME AMOUNT YOU WILL BE COVERED IF IT IS THEIR MISTAKE I WOULDNT OF THOUGHT THEY COULD ASK YOU FOR MORE MONEYS AS YOU HAVE DONE WHAT THEY HAVE ASKED FOR.

IF STILL IN ANY DOUBT THERE SHOULD BE A CONTACT PHONE NUMBER FOR THEM YOU COULD ALWAYS DOUBLE CHECK OVER THE PHONE AND THEN BUY ONLINE TO GET THE DISCOUNT

I DONT KNOW YOUR BACKGROUND BUT I AM INSURED THROUGH MC EDWARDS ON THE NEW SHAPE R6 ON A 06 PLATE FULLY COMP PROTECTED NO CLAIMS WITH 250 EXCESS AND I PAY £115.00 PEANUTS MATE BUT I DO HAVE FULL NO CLAIMS BONUS AND 34 YEARS OLD BUT MEGA CHEAP

YOU COULD ALWAYS USE THE CHEAP QUOTE YOU HAVE GOT TO USE AGAINST OTHER INSURERS TO SEE IF THEY CAN BEAT THAT YOU NEVER KNOW YOUR LUCK UNTIL YOU TRY

HOPE THIS HELPED

REGARDS R6DYS

AND THE NEW R6 IS AMAZING I NORMALLY CHANGE BIKES EVERY 18 MONTHS OR SO WITH THE NEW BIKES COMING OUT AND GETTING BORED WITH MY OWN BIKE BUT I HAVE HAD THIS TWO YEARS NOW AND AM NOT PLANNING ON GETTING RID OF THIS BIKE AT ALL.

HI MATE

MAKE SURE YOU ARE PUTTING THE YZF-R6 THEY SHOULD THEN ASK YOU FOR YEAR OF BIKE WITH A DROP DOWN MENU, PUT IN YEAR OF BIKE IF IT COMES BACK WITH THE SAME AMOUNT YOU WILL BE COVERED IF IT IS THEIR MISTAKE I WOULDNT OF THOUGHT THEY COULD ASK YOU FOR MORE MONEYS AS YOU HAVE DONE WHAT THEY HAVE ASKED FOR.

IF STILL IN ANY DOUBT THERE SHOULD BE A CONTACT PHONE NUMBER FOR THEM YOU COULD ALWAYS DOUBLE CHECK OVER THE PHONE AND THEN BUY ONLINE TO GET THE DISCOUNT

I DONT KNOW YOUR BACKGROUND BUT I AM INSURED THROUGH MC EDWARDS ON THE NEW SHAPE R6 ON A 06 PLATE FULLY COMP PROTECTED NO CLAIMS WITH 250 EXCESS AND I PAY £115.00 PEANUTS MATE BUT I DO HAVE FULL NO CLAIMS BONUS AND 34 YEARS OLD BUT MEGA CHEAP

YOU COULD ALWAYS USE THE CHEAP QUOTE YOU HAVE GOT TO USE AGAINST OTHER INSURERS TO SEE IF THEY CAN BEAT THAT YOU NEVER KNOW YOUR LUCK UNTIL YOU TRY

HOPE THIS HELPED

REGARDS R6DYS

AND THE NEW R6 IS AMAZING I NORMALLY CHANGE BIKES EVERY 18 MONTHS OR SO WITH THE NEW BIKES COMING OUT AND GETTING BORED WITH MY OWN BIKE BUT I HAVE HAD THIS TWO YEARS NOW AND AM NOT PLANNING ON GETTING RID OF THIS BIKE AT ALL.

Thanks that's useful, wasn't sure about phoning them as I don't want to alert them that there might be an error. I'm 25 and first bike from direct access, have ridden when younger on 125's but insurance wise it'll be my first year so approx 650 fully comp.

Slightly apprehensive with the whole powerful first bike thing but I will take it steady until I get the feel for it.

Thanks again

Guest R6 DYS

Thanks that's useful, wasn't sure about phoning them as I don't want to alert them that there might be an error. I'm 25 and first bike from direct access, have ridden when younger on 125's but insurance wise it'll be my first year so approx 650 fully comp.

Slightly apprehensive with the whole powerful first bike thing but I will take it steady until I get the feel for it.

Thanks again

YOU COULD PHONE THEM USING A DIFFERENT NAME SAY YOUR MATES NAME USING YOUR DETAILS JUST TO SEE IF THERE WAS A MISTAKE ON THE QUOTE

AND DONT WORRY ABOUT THE POWER THING THEY ARE NOT GOING TO THROW YOU OFF THEY ARE VERY WELL MANERED THEY ONLY GO AS FAST AS YOU WANT THEM TO GO AND IF YOU ARE USED TO SMALLER BIKES YOU WILL FEEL TEN TIMES MORE SECURE TRUST ME

THEY STILL HAVE A FRONT END THAT FEELS IT WANTS TO TURN IN QUICKER THAN YOU EXPECT AND SOMETIMES CAN FEEL UNSTABLE BUT THAT IS JUST THE MANNER OF THE BIKE THEY ARE WELL PLANTED LEARN TO TRUST THE BIKE IT WILL OUT DO YOU EVERY TIME

REGARDS R6DYS

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online