400 xs us custom

The Outlaw
This post is 5960 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have recently purchased an 1979 xs 400 us custom, is this a us import if so what other models parts will interchange with this machine. it has a raised pillion seat and bars lecy and kick start. unfortunatly I cannot seem to post any pics yet I may need help with that too Derrrrrrr!!!!!!!!

email

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

this is an 81 but should be same , not much changed in the special models over here from beginning production run till early 80's .

31dd.jpg

this is an 81 but should be same , not much changed in the special models over here from beginning production run till early 80's .

31dd.jpg

Cheers buddy your machine is much the same as mine though your's is in better condition. So I guess the running gear is the same as any other 400 xs

Cheers buddy your machine is much the same as mine though your's is in better condition. So I guess the running gear is the same as any other 400 xs

not mine. I do think there a dif in specials and standards frame wise.