Hi from Western Australia

DrChip
This post is 5960 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi everyone, :D

I live in Bunbury Western Australia 200ks south of Perth, am a Computer Technician of 37 years and work for myself with my own business...

Have a wonderful wife (she made me say that :rolleyes: ) and three grown up boys 27/28/29.

I own a 1987 V4 750cc Honda Magna which I am rebuilding, had a Piaggio X9-500 that I have just sold and am buying a TMax-500 which should arrive mid Jan 2008 :D

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Mark and Jen

All the best season greeting to you two and yours...

Where is this site situated?? US or UK?

Does anyone here ride Maxi Scooters?

Hello

Thanks.

I think it has originated from the UK althogh there appear to be quite a lot of US members too. I only joined it recently. The people on here seem nice enough.

The maxi scooters seem to be taking off now. The petrol is so expensive that people are turning to bikes and the scooters are a good starting point (only my opinion though!!!).

The same here, most anyone who rides a Scooter is classified a wuss.. would you believe that we have bike shops whose's bike mechanic will not test ride a scooter as to be seen on one would, I think, shame them.

The lucky thing is we are getting more and more immigrants here from the UK and asia who know scooters and have no probs with them.. I have to travel 190ks to buy my TMax as the local people wont even sell them to me.

But I use my bike for work everyday all day, saves me $70 per day.. and I love it as I get paid to ride to Perth and Margaret River.. the weather here is the best for a bike.. was 38.8c today ...

That sounds like a nice commute!! It's almost as warm as here!!!!! Unfortunately, it was only 5 degrees when we got out of the car about 30 mins ago.

Taking my bike to work on Friday though so looking forward to that although it's due to be heavy rain all day.

Happy riding

hey and welcome, know a couple choppa builders from down there, gezz you guys got some great riding country from what ive heard. not sure where boards HQ is but theres people from all over here, and thats cool im a big fan of euro bikes, seems they get a lot of bike we dont here.

• 2 weeks later...

I have had a ride of the 2008 TMax-500 and was blown away, very quick, 100k in 7seconds that suprised me... :blink:

Engine braking as well... :D now that was odd for a maxi scooter.. not felt that since I rode motorbikes.. it felt good :lol::)

The muffler has a really nice tone :rolleyes:

So I bought it, pick it up in a week, can't wait... 61 years old and feel like a littel kid at christmas.. :lol::lol: