Yamaha RS200 '83 battery charging tips and parts

sezicoolcat
This post is 5986 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi,

Does anyone have any info, or a website I can look at for parts for my bike.

I can't find much info on a google search

I want a picture of what one looked like in its hey-day. I need to get a few things for my bike, like a body panel and a new seat.

Whilst I can find websites that can sell me mirrors and gasket kits, the same cannot be said for the seat and the body panels...

Also, the battery needs charging. The battery is new but has sat for awhile. I was told this is a 6volt battery, so will a normal car battery charger (12v) blow my battery up?

SArah

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi,

Does anyone have any info, or a website I can look at for parts for my bike.

I can't find much info on a google search

I want a picture of what one looked like in its hey-day. I need to get a few things for my bike, like a body panel and a new seat.

Whilst I can find websites that can sell me mirrors and gasket kits, the same cannot be said for the seat and the body panels...

Also, the battery needs charging. The battery is new but has sat for awhile. I was told this is a 6volt battery, so will a normal car battery charger (12v) blow my battery up?

SArah

www.cmsnl.com (dutch, but they tend to have everything)

www.motoward.co.uk

www.bikebandit.com (USA)

www.motogrid.com (USA)

www.pgm1.freeserve.co.uk (rd but i buy for my XS here)

www.yambits.co.uk

don't use a 12v battery on a 6v bike, 6v batteries are so cheap its not worth it. Get Father Christmas to send you an Optimate for Crimbo (one that will do 6v as well as 12v) keep this on your bike in storage. I have one on mine as I write

BTW the RS is an RD without an extra carb and no reed valve. Classic Mechanics has a feature in this month on your very bike!!

www.cmsnl.com (dutch, but they tend to have everything)

www.motoward.co.uk

www.bikebandit.com (USA)

www.motogrid.com (USA)

www.pgm1.freeserve.co.uk (rd but i buy for my XS here)

www.yambits.co.uk

don't use a 12v battery on a 6v bike, 6v batteries are so cheap its not worth it. Get Father Christmas to send you an Optimate for Crimbo (one that will do 6v as well as 12v) keep this on your bike in storage. I have one on mine as I write

BTW the RS is an RD without an extra carb and no reed valve. Classic Mechanics has a feature in this month on your very bike!!

COOL! Many thanks to you! Great to have a base point - somewhere to start. I was starting to think this was a rocking horse proverbial bike!

Sarah

PS. I saw your snowman pic/clip and showed it to the boyfriend last night - I think he's still larfing!)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online