xs400 monoshock

raney
This post is 5975 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just picked up a 82 xs400 dohc and upon inspection noticed the rear shock seams to be worn. This is my first motorcycle so I'm not sure if the shock is rebuildable or if i can simply readjust it into spec. Also, I've searched for a new replacement piece but they're discontinued. I've seen some old ebay listings with used shocks, but would rather stay away from that if possible (dont know what i'm getting).

Are there any recommendations as to aftermarket pieces or shocks from a different bike that'd work. Just want to see if there is someone out there who has figured it out already before I start busting into it.

THANKS!

• 3 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Just picked up a 82 xs400 dohc and upon inspection noticed the rear shock seams to be worn. This is my first motorcycle so I'm not sure if the shock is rebuildable or if i can simply readjust it into spec. Also, I've searched for a new replacement piece but they're discontinued. I've seen some old ebay listings with used shocks, but would rather stay away from that if possible (dont know what i'm getting).

Are there any recommendations as to aftermarket pieces or shocks from a different bike that'd work. Just want to see if there is someone out there who has figured it out already before I start busting into it.

THANKS!

Hello,

This guys are disassembling a xs400 perhaps they have a rear shock

http://www.marktnet.nl/rubrieken/motoren/o...q=xs400&p=1

Kind regards,

Sicco.

THANKS!

try here for OEM

http://www.motogrid.com/pages/parts/viewby...d/2/yamaha.aspx

$225 dollars though

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online