Old Noob

Aquila
This post is 5987 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all,

I have just joined the community and I would like to say 'hello' to you all. I have just bought a second-hand XVS125 with which to pass my test and then graduate to a 650 in due course. I rode bikes for over ten years, but gave it all up after having two bikes nicked within six months of each other and then starting a family (incidents not linked!).

I love my car (a Rover 220 Tomcat) but the state of the roads, the price of fuel and 'traffic-calming' generated congestion are killing it rather quickly, hence my return to two wheels. I am no 'spring chicken' (51 in February) and so have chosen the cruiser format in place of the enduros and cafe racers I used to ride - stiffness occurs in places at 51 that are far removed from where they occurred at 21!

Anyhoo, as a PistonHead, SafeSpeeder and Forum Senior at Rovertech, whilst I am a 'noob' to you, I am an old stager in forums so, no quarter received, no quarter given!

I hope we all have fun... :D

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Welcome mate good to have more experience on the forum

Guest stancamden

It seems we old bikers never die we just lose our stiffness.

Welcome to the site .

It seems we both came back to biking for similar reasons at a similar age.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online