Seca 400 tires

SteveG-CA
This post is 6019 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I'm accepting delivery this sunday of an 83 Seca 400 and I'm wanting to get a new set of tires for it and from the specs I can find I see the front is 3.00-18 and the rear is a 130\90-18. Now here's my prob...I can find many 130\90-18 rears on the web with a tread pattern that I like but I'll be darned if I can find a matching front in the 3.00-18 size.

Is there a metric equivalent to the 3.00-18 (ie: 80\90-18) I could use on the front ?

Suggestions on a set of tires suitable for everyday riding are welcome too...been out of the motorcycle loop for so long that I don't really know whats good nowadays.

PS: Have not had a street bike since about 88...lol...last bike was a Seca 750 and the bike before that was a Vision 550 and before that an RD350 kept me smiling :D Anyway this Seca 400 is my winter restoration project, decided on it over a similar priced Suzuki GN 400 thumper as there appears to be more new and used parts kicking around for the Seca 400's....thats not to mention I'm a Yamaha kinda guy :lol:

Cheers all...great site with lots of good info !

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online