2007 V Star 1300

gfechter
This post is 5194 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I'm back from Daytona and the bike was great in all respects. I'm keeping the bike and am doing the Montana trip in June. I am looking for suggestions on alternative exhaust systems. I know Yamaha just came out with an exhaust system for the 1300. Anyone have any suggestions based on your experience?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • 2 years later...

I'm back from Daytona and the bike was great in all respects. I'm keeping the bike and am doing the Montana trip in June. I am looking for suggestions on alternative exhaust systems. I know Yamaha just came out with an exhaust system for the 1300. Anyone have any suggestions based on your experience?

I put Cobra dragsters on my 2008 model. sounds great and has more power after also installing a power commander. Not cheap but worth it!! The only problem I have is that I get a sore neck from leaning too far forward. It seems the bars need a couple more inches pull back. Has anybody else had this problem and if so can you recommend a set of bars. Risers are out because of the taco position.

• 2 weeks later...

Check out RSTD bars (you'll need new grips) or V star 950 bars (you can use OEM grips). Are you in US or UK? If US checkout SS Custom's website, if UK I can let you have the part no.

I'm in the process of installing RSTD bars + they come back about another 2 inches

As this is an old thread, PM me and I'll point you in the right direction :)