XS400 2E Throttle Response

socalyamaha
This post is 6044 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I can start the bike without a problem.

The thing of it is, the throttle sometimes has no effect.

Sometimes the RPMs go up and some times they don't move at all.

I noticed the right side is running leaner that the left just by how fast it heats up. The Carburetor boots are cracked and I’ve ordered new ones. The slides and cable move. But with no effect on RPMS.

It seems to idle fine. So I’m thinking carburetor rebuilds and new carburetor boots should remedy the situation.

Anyone else run into this before?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I can start the bike without a problem.

The thing of it is, the throttle sometimes has no effect.

Sometimes the RPMs go up and some times they don't move at all.

I noticed the right side is running leaner that the left just by how fast it heats up. The Carburetor boots are cracked and I’ve ordered new ones. The slides and cable move. But with no effect on RPMS.

It seems to idle fine. So I’m thinking carburetor rebuilds and new carburetor boots should remedy the situation.

Anyone else run into this before?

lots of times, just do a search on the forum.

you have an air leak and inlets replacement is a good starting point. check your pilot screws are only 1.5 turns from the closed position and check the vacumm pipe on the inlet is still on (mine has come off in the past, miles from anywhere. you get that sinking feeling when the bike dies and relief when that all it is!)

suggest you check timing and valves costs nothing to do yourself and 2 things less to eliminate

YAY 400th post

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online