oil me up!!!

wolfy46
This post is 6046 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

The pro:s n cons of semi/full synthetic oil, can they be slightly mixed up??(if out of one can you top up with the other)

and whats the pro;s with slick 50, can it be mixed with both oils in a bike with a wet clutch, anybody know :unsure::unsure:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

The pro:s n cons of semi/full synthetic oil, can they be slightly mixed up??(if out of one can you top up with the other)

and whats the pro;s with slick 50, can it be mixed with both oils in a bike with a wet clutch, anybody know :unsure::unsure:

what does it say in the owners handbook re:oil? full synth is chemically made and semi's are cracked mineral oils and are worlds apart and are specific for a particular type of engine. Because of this, early synth oils broke their polymer chains by mixing and caused blockages as the oil changed, not so sure nowerdays.

Even synths differ in their make-up and you have to check contents listing. true synths are group 4 oils (fuchs etc) I only know this when I went for oil for my Renault and it was a minefield. I settled on 5w 40 Fuchs supersynth SL for the car.

please don't use sick 50 (not a spelling mistake)

what does it say in the owners handbook re:oil? full synth is chemically made and semi's are cracked mineral oils and are worlds apart and are specific for a particular type of engine. Because of this, early synth oils broke their polymer chains by mixing and caused blockages as the oil changed, not so sure nowerdays.

Even synths differ in their make-up and you have to check contents listing. true synths are group 4 oils (fuchs etc) I only know this when I went for oil for my Renault and it was a minefield. I settled on 5w 40 Fuchs supersynth SL for the car.

please don't use sick 50 (not a spelling mistake)

"jeez mate i bet u bath in the stuff"i work with turbochargers with tollerances in there microns but you know your onions(or oil) or did you just read what it said on the label, cheers

"jeez mate i bet u bath in the stuff"i work with turbochargers with tollerances in there microns but you know your onions(or oil) or did you just read what it said on the label, cheers

its when i was looking for oil for the car, it was a blink'in minefield. I had to gen up on it so I knew what I was buying!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online