Another new member

markandjen
This post is 6015 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Afternoon all

Had a quick look and there seems to be a few people introducing themselves so thought I might aswell do the same!!!

New to biking - passed my test in August and have a 2000 plate FZS600 Fazer. Very happy with the bike and looking forward to going to the motorbike show to see what Yamaha have on show!! Can't afford another one yet though.

Really enjoying biking. Even on my CBT I realised why so many people love it. Had a couple of scary moments since I passed my test and after having numerous cars thinking they can get out of that junction first, have invested in a fluorescent bib!! Every little helps!

Always brings a smile when bikers acknoweldge each other although there are a few who ride straight past. If I see any of you out on the roads - you'll always get a wave!!!

Anyway, I will be on this forum for most of my lunch breaks in work so I look forward to picking up some tips and anyone setting up a ride out in South Wales somewhere!

Bye for now

Mark

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hello and welcome to the fray!

If you really want to see new Yamahas, look out for the Tokyo show where there is a new retro syle bike.

Thanks. Saw a picture on MCN. I subscribe to Bike aswell so no doubt there'll be pics in there.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey and welcome :rolleyes: Isn't it great when other bikers acknowledge each other, I couldn't stop grinning when I first got a few nods! Still do actually hehe. Flourescent bib/strips are essential on the commute I agree, especially with the winter drawing nearer. Anyway congrats on getting a most excellent bike, I love my fazer even though I haven't had it very long.

Take care and happy riding

Bex

Afternoon

The bike seems fine to me!!! The only thing I have to compare it to is the bikes we learnt on but I've done about 1500 miles now since I passed my test in the summer and am loving it.

I have orders to leave it in the garage though when it starts getting frosty!!

I'm like you, I always smile when others nod or wave back. I feel guilty if I've missed someone as well - very sad!!

We're off to the motorbike show later this month and after seeing some photos, I'm quite fancying the R6. My wife wants to be a pillion when I've had more practice so perhaps that isn't the best choice. I'll have to wait a couple of years though but there's no harm in having a look!!

Hope you're getting on well with the bike and riding.

Have fun.

Mark

Hey and welcome :rolleyes: Isn't it great when other bikers acknowledge each other, I couldn't stop grinning when I first got a few nods! Still do actually hehe. Flourescent bib/strips are essential on the commute I agree, especially with the winter drawing nearer. Anyway congrats on getting a most excellent bike, I love my fazer even though I haven't had it very long.

Take care and happy riding

Bex

Yes, since coming off mine (not a lot of damage by the way ; )) I also have strict orders not to go out when it's icy, can't say I would anyway though!

Have been thining about going to the motorbike show to peruse some wicked machines. The R6 does look pretty awesome but i'm thinking about getting a sports bike when I have less commuting to do. Besides the Fazer is too much fun and brilliant to ride anyway. But you're right, there's no harm in having a look!

Anyway enjoy the ice free weather while you can, take care

Bex

Hi Bex

Hope you and bike were not too bad. When I first had mine (and still now really) I was tentative on some roundabouts and sharp bends but reading magazines and the odd thing on here you pick up some tips to build the confidence.

I'm finding the white lines are slippery in the mornings with the dew but other than the odd scary moment, I've stayed rubber side down so far.

What's the distance on your commuting? I have about a 30 mile round trip. Go down the motorway on the way to work and A roads on the way home! Have only been on a couple of proper rides due to wife and son commitments but am hoping to have a bit of a spin this weekend - wife in work and son at the top gear show in the NEC with grand parents!!

The bike show is a bit of a trek for you isn't it - still worth it though if you see something to buy! What sort of thing are you after? I have to wait till the loan is paid off first before I can buy - trying to convince Jen (wife) to have lessons but she prefers a convertible car while she's still young.

I would imagine the ice will hit us before you but I'll hang on as long as I can before the car keys come back out.

Nice to talk to you, take care

Mark

Yes, since coming off mine (not a lot of damage by the way ; )) I also have strict orders not to go out when it's icy, can't say I would anyway though!

Have been thining about going to the motorbike show to peruse some wicked machines. The R6 does look pretty awesome but i'm thinking about getting a sports bike when I have less commuting to do. Besides the Fazer is too much fun and brilliant to ride anyway. But you're right, there's no harm in having a look!

Anyway enjoy the ice free weather while you can, take care

Bex

The bike's ok and i'm not too bad either thanks! Just one of those silly little mistakes people make, or maybe it's just me! Oh well, you live and learn : ) my commute is about 30 miles either way with the option of going through city or bypass so I can pick and choose ha ha. Those white lines can be leathal and the odd scary moment keeps you focused I guess. Glad you've stayed rubber side down, may you always do so! Can't wait to go for a long country ride myself, it's nice without the pressure of having to reach a destination at a certain time, nice and relaxing.

The bike show is a bit of a trek but definately worth it, like you I have a while to pay off as yet so it's giving me a chance to think (and dream) about what to get next. I do like the sportier models when I don't have to commute so much but I do love a good street bike. To be honest I love the old style harleys too! I'd consider a fireblade, ninja, R6/R1, shadow or a GSXR (ducati if I could ever afford the insurance)! Would be nice to upgrade engine size next bike, nothing too major though.

Anyway take care on that bike of yours and may the weather last for us!

Bex

Afternoon

That's a bit of a wish list you have!! While I was having my lessons in the summer I almost bought a Ninja 600 (maybe a Z6R - can't remember all the models) on ebay and really wanted a Triumph TT600 but got talked out of both. Probably wise to start with what we have and if I was being sensible as I reach mid 30's I would progress to a FZ6 but as I hone some sort of biking skill (hopefully) it would be nice to go sportier. Don't think I'd trust myself though - people don't buy fast bikes to go slow!!!!

Just been out to a meeting so had a bit of run out - only 40 miles there and back but the weather is OK so all good!!

I talked my wife into letting me decide at the bike show as to what I'll have next and then by the time the loan is paid off in 2009, the ones we see in the next few weeks will be on the market as second hand - perfect. Only thing is, I'll keep changing my mind which means we'll have to visit the bike show next year as well - what a shame eh.

Should just enjoy what we have now really. My bike is 7 years old so I just hope it lasts. I'm no good at mechanics so do my basic checks they recommend in the book but I'll be lost if anything needs doing.

Anyway, leave you to it. Have a good day.

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

Afternoon all

Had a quick look and there seems to be a few people introducing themselves so thought I might aswell do the same!!!

New to biking - passed my test in August and have a 2000 plate FZS600 Fazer. Very happy with the bike and looking forward to going to the motorbike show to see what Yamaha have on show!! Can't afford another one yet though.

Really enjoying biking. Even on my CBT I realised why so many people love it. Had a couple of scary moments since I passed my test and after having numerous cars thinking they can get out of that junction first, have invested in a fluorescent bib!! Every little helps!

Always brings a smile when bikers acknoweldge each other although there are a few who ride straight past. If I see any of you out on the roads - you'll always get a wave!!!

Anyway, I will be on this forum for most of my lunch breaks in work so I look forward to picking up some tips and anyone setting up a ride out in South Wales somewhere!

Bye for now

Mark