disc brakes on yami 360

joe4g63
This post is 6051 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have a 1977 xs360 w/ drum fronts and rears which kind a suck. I also have the spoke wheels, and am willing to swap over to the spokes if I have to. I have found some master cyl units, brake lines, calipers, and disks on ebay off of a 80 xs400. I am wondering if anyone knows if this year would swap over or if they know of any other years. If I could get a list of bike years that you know would swap over would be perfect. Thanks in advance.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I have a 1977 xs360 w/ drum fronts and rears which kind a suck. I also have the spoke wheels, and am willing to swap over to the spokes if I have to. I have found some master cyl units, brake lines, calipers, and disks on ebay off of a 80 xs400. I am wondering if anyone knows if this year would swap over or if they know of any other years. If I could get a list of bike years that you know would swap over would be perfect. Thanks in advance.

check out my free parts lists upload on the forum. then you can search each year to find the same part #, but the drum has a notch on the forks, whereas the disk has mounting holes for the caliper. you would also need front forks!

Ditto for the 400 head the 250 and 400 def share the same layout but 250 has more meat and smaller valves.

drewpy

ps the "alloy" wheels weigh a ton, that's why i converted mine to 250 wires at great expense. (worth it though)