My TX500

Woody1975
This post is 6020 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all,

Here is my latest project, A 1975 TX500 (I belive thats an XS500 inthe US, Ihe bike has Australian compliance plates, date of manufacture 11/1975). She runs and starts quite well although gutless, not bad considering only one cylinder is firing! Are ther any 500 owners who have undertaken this project? $800 without seeing the bike - so far so good! Have sourced replacement camcase cover for cacked one, ebay seems to have the largest variety of parts and constantly changing stock - are there any other good sources for parts? Anyway, pics below of her homecoming!- How the *$#@ do I add a picture?

Woody

Have put pics in album!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi all,

Here is my latest project, A 1975 TX500 (I belive thats an XS500 inthe US, Ihe bike has Australian compliance plates, date of manufacture 11/1975). She runs and starts quite well although gutless, not bad considering only one cylinder is firing! Are ther any 500 owners who have undertaken this project? $800 without seeing the bike - so far so good! Have sourced replacement camcase cover for cacked one, ebay seems to have the largest variety of parts and constantly changing stock - are there any other good sources for parts? Anyway, pics below of her homecoming!- How the *$#@ do I add a picture?

Woody

Hi and Welcome,

ebay is far the best source and there are speed sport in usa who seem to have some hard to find parts (and you pay for it)it was TX up to 74 then xs after that to a slightly redesigned engine.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've got one!!

i bought mine from Ebay for £64 almost 2 years ago and it was a complete shed. its looks better now, i'll put up some before and after pics. has yours got the 2 piece cylinder head? oval ports?

ebay usa and europe are top. yamaha apparently closed a factory in germany and gave loads of the parts away for

nothing do there's loads of new bits appearing on ebay all the time.

allan