I wish I'd taken notes

Nigey42
This post is 6055 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello folks,

I am renovating an old DT 50 (the older version, 1978-9). I'm very much a complete novice with motorcycles but I really fancied the challenge and I'm having a ball...until now. Anyhow - I've taken the bike to bits, cleaned, replaced, blasted, sprayed and disassembled everything and now I'm putting it all back together.

That is until I tried to put the rear brake pedal back on.

Then I really wished I'd followed my own advice on such matters which is to make copious notes, photos and sketches. Now I haven't the foggiest how it goes back. I can't believe it's got me stumped and I'd be really grateful for a pointer in the right direction.

I have the pedal itself which curves underneath the right footpeg. It attaches to the frame using a pretty chunky pin and circlip. Then I have a spring which looks like it should fit around the cylindrical part of the pedal where the pin fits through it. The spring has a short end with a little kink in it, and a longer end with a half turn at the end. The pedal has a small hole in it which looks like it's made to take one end of the spring, and the frame has a similar small hole beside where the main pin goes through.

So there you are: two holes, two ends of a spring. Should be easy but I'm absolutely stumped. It's hard to describe and I'm sure photos would help but for the time being can anyone have a stab?

Cheers

Nigel

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

If it helps anyone, I've uploaded pictures here

Thanks

Nigel

this may help, from motogrid web site

brakepedal.jpg

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online