Ignition Coils

Harv
This post is 6059 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Would Ignition Coils for a Yamaha XS500 work on a XS360 ?. I've can't find any reliable info on substitute replacement..

It's tough finding new coils. Old Bike Barn have new ones but the secondary is only 7K vs. 9.5K original. Seems like less spark to me..

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Would Ignition Coils for a Yamaha XS500 work on a XS360 ?. I've can't find any reliable info on substitute replacement..

It's tough finding new coils. Old Bike Barn have new ones but the secondary is only 7K vs. 9.5K original. Seems like less spark to me..

I think you can but it's better to get new, as coils break down over time. Mine were starting to heat up and drip wax out of them.

there are some here : http://www.motorcycle-ignition.com/motorcycle_coils.htm but are out of stock at the mo'.

just need to make sure that the are for conact assisted ignition as opposed to electronic ignition types which are very different.

Thanks again !!. I sent them a message to let me know when they are in stock..

Harv,

New pair on UK ebay 110176653553.

Harv,

New pair on UK ebay 110176653553.

You are a good man to have around drewpy !!!. A great help.. :D Looks good if I can get them, but had to request how much the shipping would be before I bid.. Seeing as how George Dubious has run the dollar into the ditch..The guy is a real :blink:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online