Xt sprockets

andy1201
This post is 6059 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi everybody,could anybody tell me how many teeth are on the front and back sprockets of an 1989 XT600 tenere?I just got a set and fitted them but the rear had an extra 9 teeth to the one that was on the bike originally,must admit the acceleration is a lot better,probably lose some at the top end but I don't really thrash it anyway,just a query,

cheers Andy :D

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi everybody,could anybody tell me how many teeth are on the front and back sprockets of an 1989 XT600 tenere?I just got a set and fitted them but the rear had an extra 9 teeth to the one that was on the bike originally,must admit the acceleration is a lot better,probably lose some at the top end but I don't really thrash it anyway,just a query,

cheers Andy :D

40 / 15 or any valid combo giving a reduction of 2.666

OMG what are you doing here? Bloody admin too! Ja, Anus, but you've been humping mine since 2004, what's new? :lol:

Andy could use a 16 /42 or 14 /39 combo for the same results. More wear on the 14, less on a 16 combo's, however these changes may require a change from the 106 link 520 chain.

Thanks guys,hope I didn't start a domestic between you two..... :lol: my rear sprocket is a 47 and front is a 15,this is what the shop gave me as a chain and sprocket set :unsure:

Thanks guys,hope I didn't start a domestic between you two..... :lol: my rear sprocket is a 47 and front is a 15,this is what the shop gave me as a chain and sprocket set :unsure:

Aah, dont mind Mucho, I entertained myself for the last 3 odd years trying to wind him up. But it's like stirring pigshit...it just gets thicker. Sounds to me Andy, that you got a TT600 sprocket set. Nothing really wrong with that in as much as judging from the year of your bike it is a 3AJ model which is the same engine used in the TT's relaunched round abouts 2000-2.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online