DT 50 won't run right

Urban Tangleweed
This post is 5705 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi,

I bought a shed of a DT50 (yes, off ebay...............) and have done lots to it, but it won't run right.

It has had a rebore and piston, the 14mm carb was kaput so I got a brand new 16mm (yes, ebay again...............)

Starting is great, tickover fantastic, it revs up a treat, but, when ridden, it won't go onto the main jet, you can

bimble along on a part throttle all day long (hills are no good though) but open it up and she just dies, go back to

part throttle and she picks up again.

I've checked, and altered, the float height, it's running the correct 88 main jet, but just won't have it.

Do any of you guys know what may be the cause ?

Something else which may influence any suggestions, it's running pre-mix, the oil pump does not exist any

longer, perhaps I need a much bigger main jet now the petrol has oil in it ?

Hope someone out there can shed some light.

Thanks,

Roger.

• 1 year later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi,

I bought a shed of a DT50 (yes, off ebay...............) and have done lots to it, but it won't run right.

It has had a rebore and piston, the 14mm carb was kaput so I got a brand new 16mm (yes, ebay again...............)

Starting is great, tickover fantastic, it revs up a treat, but, when ridden, it won't go onto the main jet, you can

bimble along on a part throttle all day long (hills are no good though) but open it up and she just dies, go back to

I've checked, and altered, the float height, it's running the correct 88 main jet, but just won't have it.

Something else which may influence any suggestions, it's running pre-mix, the oil pump does not exist any

longer, perhaps I need a much bigger main jet now the petrol has oil in it ?

Thanks,

Roger.

but open it up and she just dies, go back to go back to

. might need a bigger main or might need a smaller main jet, a plug chop is need to sort this

you need to run it in first 500 to 750 miles no more than half throttle, also you need to do a plug chop, when running premix run at no less than 50 to 1

It has had a rebore and piston,

yeh make sure the old oilfeed pipe [from pump ] is blanked off properly . & when running in [rebored] make the twostoke mix alittle richer .[ plenty lube] say 30/1 or 25/1 .........

Roger.

yeh make sure the old oilfeed pipe [from pump ] is blanked off properly . & when running in [rebored] make the twostoke mix alittle richer .[ plenty lube] say 30/1 or 25/1 ........

why would you need to run 30 to 1 or 25 to 1 when running in to much oil ratio and the motor will not run in right but this depends on the make of 2 stroke oil being used

run my motor in at 50 to 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online