77 XS400D Decals??

RPiatt
This post is 6085 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have a 77 XS400 that I plan to rebuild/restore this coming spring. Currently, I am researching the parts list and one thing I can't find anywhere si the decals. I plan to repain all of the parts and such (gonna learn how to do this myself), and want to get the original decals to go under the clearcoat.

I have searched on many of the sites mentioned in other threads, but to no avail.

My fear is that I will have to take pictures and pay some oen to lay it out custom. My other thought is to get good images of it and have the decals custom made.

Any thoughts would be appreciated...

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I have a 77 XS400 that I plan to rebuild/restore this coming spring. Currently, I am researching the parts list and one thing I can't find anywhere si the decals. I plan to repain all of the parts and such (gonna learn how to do this myself), and want to get the original decals to go under the clearcoat.

I have searched on many of the sites mentioned in other threads, but to no avail.

My fear is that I will have to take pictures and pay some oen to lay it out custom. My other thought is to get good images of it and have the decals custom made.

Any thoughts would be appreciated...

if you can post a pikkie of the decals I can maybe tell you where you may get them.

Its just that ther are about 4 different types for different countries and year!!

Post Script: found this on ebay but there is a 4th version,( I know as my friend has them on his)

• 2 weeks later...

if you can post a pikkie of the decals I can maybe tell you where you may get them.

Its just that ther are about 4 different types for different countries and year!!

Post Script: found this on ebay but there is a 4th version,( I know as my friend has them on his)

ebay has some on now.

les

I just noticed that the decal layout and paint color are just like the picture in user "jeffcycles" avatar. It is not a closeup picture, but it gives the general idea. I'll be back home tomorrow and will take better pictures, and close up ones at that...

more tomorrow or friday...

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online