Yet another newbie here!

R6Gale
This post is 6097 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey all,

Just pick up my first bike yesterday, Yamaha YZF-R6. Its on a 02 plate with just over 10,000miles on the clock. The bike is in great condition, very clean & tidy. Has been lowered with upgraded adjustable forks, full Yamaha service history & a full tank. I paid £2,650 for it, which I thought was really good, what you think?

Image163.jpg

Just have a few questions really. I am looking for a aftermarket can, any ideas which is a good one, dont want anything too loud, nice rumble tbh.

Also, it is an import so the odo is in km/h is there a way I can change it to mph. Heard someone say that you can send it off to get it changed over, is that true?

Any help is greatful

Cheers :)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I see you're flying the Union Jack. So assuming you live in the UK aren't your roads in Kph compared to MPH?

You could also go through Ebay (American version) and order a gauge from it for probably cheap. Plenty of wrecked R6s out here and the gauge would be in MPH. You'd just have to go through the front of the gauge cluster to change your odometer back to the mileage that you have but that isn't too hard.

Sweet ride.

PS. Remember the conversions of the US dollar to the Euro(Not sure if that is what the UK uses). I know a buddy of mine who ordered a part from England for I think 50lbs but came out to close to a hundred or so U.S. dollars. Didn't find out until his credit card statement came in.

Hey there, first of all sweet ride,

I have a Remus can on mine and is sounds sweet as, i didnt want anything to load either but i found with Remus the sound was perfect and the price is right too, i payed 180 for end can.

As for clocks ebay or a scrappy would be your best and cheapest bet, years ago they used to do stickers that went over the top of the dials but for some reason they stoppped making them, if all else fails go to Yamaha but they will charge the earth, Its a simple enough job that you can do yourself so at least you'll save on labour,

Good luck let us know how you get on. B)