1300 NOISES

Lenny
This post is 6084 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I've got about 5,000 miles on my 1300, and once the engine gets nice and hot, I hear what to me seems like excessive lifter noise. I just had oil changed, with Amsoil synthetic, 10/40, and noise remains. Does this seem to be typical with this bike's engine? Is anyone else having this issue?

• 3 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I've got about 5,000 miles on my 1300, and once the engine gets nice and hot, I hear what to me seems like excessive lifter noise. I just had oil changed, with Amsoil synthetic, 10/40, and noise remains. Does this seem to be typical with this bike's engine? Is anyone else having this issue?

For one thats not the oil wieght recomended and two have you done the valve adjustment?

I have had my V-Star 1300 for 3 days and im not sure if the noise i hear is normal....

I have noise when the engine is idling and the clutch is out, but when i put the clutch in theres no noise is that normal?

im getting a whining kinda noise when moving, again is that normal?

and also lastly i get a knocking noise when i go over a pot hole or something similar, is that normal with this bike?

Any info would be a help!

I have had my V-Star 1300 for 3 days and im not sure if the noise i hear is normal....

I have noise when the engine is idling and the clutch is out, but when i put the clutch in theres no noise is that normal?

im getting a whining kinda noise when moving, again is that normal?

and also lastly i get a knocking noise when i go over a pot hole or something similar, is that normal with this bike?

Any info would be a help!

I can not tell you if its normal or not but mine had the same thing except for the pot hole stuff. It was sugested I adjust the clutch which I did. That took care of about 60 percent of the noise. I have 2200 miles now and either its getting better or Im getting acustomed to the noise. There is still a whine when riding that I hope will go away but it is a whole lot better now than when I first picked it up. You would think Yamaha would train the dealers about this clutch problem. After that how in the world could I trust them to service my bike if they dont know how to adjust the clutch?

I suppose till you ride it you dont hear it, i only notice the clutch when its idling out of gear with the clutch out.. ie: at traffic lights etc. but its definatly noticable.. ill tell them at the first service. Its almost like a rattle.

Sorry mine is more like a bearing or something on that line good luck anyway.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online