Xs750 Rear brake jamming

bronsen
This post is 6128 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi,

Can anyone tell me why my rear brakes are jamming up. The brakes work fine for several presses, but they slowly jam against the disc. The pedal travel is reduced and the pads seem to stay closed against the disc, not returning to there proper position. Which is causing the disc to overheat. Is it the master cylinder at fault or the rear brake calipar. Here in Australia, xs750 parts are around, but are extremly dear to buy.

If I open the bleed nipple, the brakes return to normal, but slowly jam up again.

Will putting a kit in either stop the problem. Would anyone know which is causing the problem - Master cylinder or the brake calipar.

I would be most gratefull for any help.

John

Australia.

Bike - 1976 XS750D

Hi Again,

Solved the problem. Rear calipar piston covered in old sticky brake fluid (Like glue). when brake was applied, the piston would move out, but was jammimg at a certain stage and wouldn't return back. Cleaned piston and inside calipar housing with a light coat of thinners and used a pencil grinder fitted with a nylon brush. Brakes are now working perfect.

John

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi,

Can anyone tell me why my rear brakes are jamming up. The brakes work fine for several presses, but they slowly jam against the disc. The pedal travel is reduced and the pads seem to stay closed against the disc, not returning to there proper position. Which is causing the disc to overheat. Is it the master cylinder at fault or the rear brake calipar. Here in Australia, xs750 parts are around, but are extremly dear to buy.

If I open the bleed nipple, the brakes return to normal, but slowly jam up again.

Will putting a kit in either stop the problem. Would anyone know which is causing the problem - Master cylinder or the brake calipar.

I would be most gratefull for any help.

John

Australia.

Bike - 1976 XS750D

sounds like your splurge hole is blocked in your master cylinder

May also be a collapsed brake hose. Had one give out on me last week in my minivan. Same symptoms. Crack the banjo nut at the master cylinder and see if the caliper releases.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online