Workshop manual needed

nonbodgit
This post is 6131 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

THis is a repeat of my submission to the bar forum. My first foray onto a bike website and it may surprise you when I readily admit to being in the trade but needing help fro anyone out there. I 've returned to the workshop after fifteen years out of it and my mission on this one is to turn an XT 600 Z into a goer. We had already repaired two other bikes in the last month that had been into another nearby local bike dealers who charged thier owners megabucks and still had not returned the machines as runners.

We are determined to find the problem on the Tenere which unfortunately has also been to the rogue dealer down the road and it also had its generator and possibly the pickup coils etc re- wound in Germany. The owner was pursuaded to buy from the previous workshop a CDI unit which turned out to be for a non UK bike. The second unit he supplied is a new aftermarket pattern part from a reputable manufacturer but the wiring on the bike does not match the CDI wiring colours.

There could be any number of other electrical anomalies. This bike may have a mixture of UK and continental European wiring and components. I do not have the time to go searching and bidding on E Bay for a genuine Yamaha Workshop Manual for this model so the call goes out for anyone out there with an XT 600 Z Genuine workshop manual to sell for a reasonable price. The owner doesn't mind being charged for this so we would appreciate being able to go through all the Yamaha testing procedures on the electrics and ignition on this bike to get this poor blokes bike back on the rough and the road. Anyone ready to do a deal, look forward to hearing from you. Nonbodgit.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.