1976 xs 360d

shocktek
This post is 6137 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hello boys new to the forums but hoping i can get some answers here. I have been looking for a carb rebuild kit for this bike for about a month now and cant seem to find one. I wanted to install new needle valves but cant find them anywhere. Found some for the 650 that look almost identical but am not sure they would work. Were these cv carbs used on a lot of the xs bikes through the 70 and if so are some of the internals the same with the exception of the jets of course. Also how hard would it be to install the starter motor since this model didnt come with one?

i rebuilt the whole thing and it is running but off the line it is a bit rough. idles fine and once on the gas its fine but for that second or two while taking off it seems a bit rough. Any tips appreciated will post pics in a day or two. I turned it into a cafe racer so its looks pretty nice.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hello boys new to the forums but hoping i can get some answers here. I have been looking for a carb rebuild kit for this bike for about a month now and cant seem to find one. I wanted to install new needle valves but cant find them anywhere. Found some for the 650 that look almost identical but am not sure they would work. Were these cv carbs used on a lot of the xs bikes through the 70 and if so are some of the internals the same with the exception of the jets of course. Also how hard would it be to install the starter motor since this model didnt come with one?

i rebuilt the whole thing and it is running but off the line it is a bit rough. idles fine and once on the gas its fine but for that second or two while taking off it seems a bit rough. Any tips appreciated will post pics in a day or two. I turned it into a cafe racer so its looks pretty nice.

there's a company on ebay that sells carb kits and they are based in Canada.

first do a search as I have posted web based suppliers before and can't be arsed typing them out again!! :P

there's a company on ebay that sells carb kits and they are based in Canada.

first do a search as I have posted web based suppliers before and can't be arsed typing them out again!! :P

how do you think i found this forum and if you can post me a link to a xs 360 carb rebuild kit i will give you 20 bucks. Believe me i wouldnt have made this post without checking numerous other options before hand.

One of the main carb kits available is the kester carb kit which im sure are the canadian ones but they dont have one for the 360.

how do you think i found this forum and if you can post me a link to a xs 360 carb rebuild kit i will give you 20 bucks. Believe me i wouldnt have made this post without checking numerous other options before hand.

One of the main carb kits available is the kester carb kit which im sure are the canadian ones but they dont have one for the 360.

It would help to say that you've tried all the usual options, then we don't have to make assumptions.

they are the same carb type ie mikuni 34 mm so should fit yours. For a few dollars its worth a go.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online