r6 exhast query

DUBDOG
This post is 6131 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello out there, I'm hoping sombody can help me. I have recently purchased a new r6 on an 07 plate but it is an 06 model, before the stubby. Can a stubby be fitted to the 06 model and if it can what would you advise to be the best exhaust for the job. Cheers

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

06 R6's had the stubby exhausts as well, so maybe you've actually got an 05 bike !

Scorpion do a stubby exhaust for them and they're quite sexy looking.

• 2 weeks later...

06 R6's had the stubby exhausts as well, so maybe you've actually got an 05 bike !

Yup. I have a Scorpion Street Extreme can... very trick, but very LOUD !!! neighbours are not pleased !! there isnt much change in sound with the baffle in either ! im gonna try upload some pics to the gallery, so check em out.

good luck :D

Hello out there, I'm hoping sombody can help me. I have recently purchased a new r6 on an 07 plate but it is an 06 model, before the stubby. Can a stubby be fitted to the 06 model and if it can what would you advise to be the best exhaust for the job. Cheers

graves, or two brothers

i have just put one of these scorpion stubby cans on my 05 R6 lQQks great and sounds even better

my queston is do i need the ECU remaped ? some people say yes others say no ?????????

i have just put one of these scorpion stubby cans on my 05 R6 lQQks great and sounds even better

my queston is do i need the ECU remaped ? some people say yes others say no ?????????

Scorpion cans are Dyno'd so you dont need to remap the fuelling etc.... so they say. I havent had any problems with mine, except that idle runs quite slow, almost like its gonna stall !

Take the baffle out.....give it plenty of squirt then drop a cog or two, close the gas and then have your mates comment on the flames from the can !!! looks cool :lol: