xj 600 diversion

This post is 6076 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hya people i wonder if there is anyone who can pinpoint my problem the problem is always there but is really noticeable at night.. while riding my electrics surge all my lights including dash headlight become really bright for a few seconds then return to normal and sometimes they dim below normal level too it fluctuates all the time would i be right in thinking it could be the voltage regulator or is there any other possibilitys ??? because i dont really want to go on an expensive fault finding saga i hope there is a member who is better on electrical than me any help would be really appreciated

ps i get the feeling people laugh at my xj because its often termed as a divvy and i gotta say its starting to put me off it now shame really cause i like it even though its a bit dated compared to some like the bandit

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hya people i wonder if there is anyone who can pinpoint my problem the problem is always there but is really noticeable at night.. while riding my electrics surge all my lights including dash headlight become really bright for a few seconds then return to normal and sometimes they dim below normal level too it fluctuates all the time would i be right in thinking it could be the voltage regulator or is there any other possibilitys ??? because i dont really want to go on an expensive fault finding saga i hope there is a member who is better on electrical than me any help would be really appreciated

ps i get the feeling people laugh at my xj because its often termed as a divvy and i gotta say its starting to put me off it now shame really cause i like it even though its a bit dated compared to some like the bandit

Hi there. I'm not an expert on Diversions specifically! Can you say how quickly the fluctuations occur? i.e. what's the approximate frequency? M/cycle electrics tend to be fickle at the best of times due to the harshness of the environment in which they have to operate. Bear in mind that it's meant to be a DC system and what you're seeing smacks of AC. This would seem to suggest either a voltage regulator problem (is is mechanical or solid state?). Possibly a diode pack problem or maybe a flattish battery which is exhibiting a higher than usual superimposed AC ripple.

Kind regards,

Chris Heath

• 2 months later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online