33 bhp restrictor

keith_eric16
This post is 6152 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi all, im a newbie, just bought an 02 plate fazer 600, the bike is restricted to 33 bhp at the moment, im wondering if there is a way to remove this without costly garage bills? i picked a bad day to buy a bike lol i rode from monmoth to runcorn cheshire, in masses of rain, but to say the bike was restricted she still performed well, maybe i should have switched to yamaha sooner! :rolleyes:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

On this engine there are two types of 33 bhp restrictor and I only know of one solution unfortunately. There are two different things making the restriction on is a casing attached to the throttle body that stops it being opened fully. The other are plates underneath the carbs which prevent the full amount of air fuel mix getting to the cylinder. As I have a R6 I de-resrticted the method my be slightly different but if you need a hand ask.

Regards