YZF250 starting problems

This post is 6156 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

So i went up to an YZF250 this year and the bike has frome the start been really hard to start. The kickstarter is very hard so when im kicking i need to kick on it sometimes. What can be the problem whit the bike ? Im really new to 4-stroke bikes so im i need of help.

And when its warm its nearly impossible to start and that sucks when im in competition cause i have ben forced to quit two races because of this problem.

Ive tried to use the compressien leaver but it dosent help very much i just kick to the point where the kicker gets stone hard.

I hope you understand or else help me so i can explain it properly.

Greetings

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

So i went up to an YZF250 this year and the bike has frome the start been really hard to start. The kickstarter is very hard so when im kicking i need to kick on it sometimes. What can be the problem whit the bike ? Im really new to 4-stroke bikes so im i need of help.

And when its warm its nearly impossible to start and that sucks when im in competition cause i have ben forced to quit two races because of this problem.

Ive tried to use the compressien leaver but it dosent help very much i just kick to the point where the kicker gets stone hard.

I hope you understand or else help me so i can explain it properly.

Greetings

Feel the kick lever getting harder, this is when it is on compression.

depress the compression lever so the piston goes over TDC.

let go of compression lever and jump on the kick start.

try different amounts of choke and twist grip when engine cold.

No choke hot.

could also be flooding the engine and creating a hydraulic lock with the fuel. ie over fuelling the bike

try different amounts of choke and twist grip when engine cold.

No choke hot.

could also be flooding the engine and creating a hydraulic lock with the fuel. ie over fuelling the bike

This tip i got frome a member in my mx club and tried it at home but the kick start gets really hard everytime and its like i can stand on it.

But how do i check if it gets floded and creating a hydraulic lock ?

This tip i got frome a member in my mx club and tried it at home but the kick start gets really hard everytime and its like i can stand on it.

But how do i check if it gets floded and creating a hydraulic lock ?

take off your spark plug and it should stink of fuel.

this will also bore wash your oil and wear your engine quicker.

How far down should i take the kick when im holding the compression lever ? And when i lets go of the compression lever should i kick directly or let the kick go to the starting position again ?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online