What fits?

thundercat2325
This post is 6153 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hey there again, i'm not having much luck with getting an engine for my 1998 thundercat :blink: but i'm seeing lots of R6, R1 and thunderace lumps around! Does anyone know if any of these engines will fit in my baby??? or has anyone converted there bike to a bigger engine and could give me some advice on who what and were, or if indeed it is a real pig of a job and if i'd be better to take this oppertunity to buy a new bike, i'd be grateful on some tips. I'd rather keep her but i'm stuck on what to do :unsure: !!!! I just wanna get out and ride!!! please help lol !!!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hey there again, i'm not having much luck with getting an engine for my 1998 thundercat :blink: but i'm seeing lots of R6, R1 and thunderace lumps around! Does anyone know if any of these engines will fit in my baby??? or has anyone converted there bike to a bigger engine and could give me some advice on who what and were, or if indeed it is a real pig of a job and if i'd be better to take this oppertunity to buy a new bike, i'd be grateful on some tips. I'd rather keep her but i'm stuck on what to do :unsure: !!!! I just wanna get out and ride!!! please help lol !!!

I read that title as 'What tits',very disapointed, i'm off ! ;)

lol, fair play...........perv........!!! lol :lol::lol::lol:

I am not sure on the technical side of life but will double check with a mate i know who knows a lot about yams and will see if a fazer or R6 lump fits i swear it must do but will find out for you!

:D

Thanx Matt, I'd appretiate that, love ya bike by the way,

Sorry to disapoint any one with title lol!!! :lol: !

Lol, you'll have to make it up to everyone next time! lol

As for the engine asked my mate last night and he wasnt really sure what else would fit although he didnt see any reason why a fazer or R6 lump wouldnt fit.

The problem was i think i caught him off guard as i dont think he had heard of anyone doing the swap!

You still not been able to source a thundercat lump??

Matt

I'm sure i'll make it up next time lol, That what most peps say no-ones swapped engines olny like for like, may be i should try and then i can become an expert lol!!!

As for a lump i've not had much time to look work has kept me on my toes 24-7, doesn't it every one lol I'm sure somethings gotta give x x

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online