Arai Corsair Helmet

Matt Hillyard
This post is 6131 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all, i am thinking about getting the new Haga rep as i think its an awesome colour scheme and as i do a lot of mile on the bike i want to know my head is as well protected as i can get and even though £500 is a steep price to pay safety is my main concern.

Just wanted to know if anyone has got an Arai Corsair and their thoughts on it or words of advices regarding Arai's in general. Are they noisey?? My KBC Vr2 legend is quite noisey and it bugs me a bit! <_<

And if anybody has got any other helmets they strongly recommend please say!

Cherers.

:D

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

£500 - a lot of money.. but if you like it and it fits, then go for it. Lots of people love their Arai lids but you do seem to get some that just seem to get dodgy ones. A friend of mine had one and the side flap (visor cover thing) came off mid ride for no apprant reason as did the rubber skirt around the bottom of the lid, having said that he's quite happy to buy another one..

I had a KBC VR2 as well and like you found it very noisy, also build quality was OK but not up with the best.

As a personal recommendation I'd say take a look at Shark lids. They're reasonably priced, very well put together, have great visor release mechanism and best of all have channels in the underside of the polystyreen at teh top of your head that act as a) air vents and B) a crumple zone should you have a prang. I personally know someone who's experienced the effectiveness of this system. Only thing is they can be narrow across the jawline so try before you buy. Mine is very quiet too.. :D (It's the 'smoke' model).

See that worries me about the side cover thing as its not the first time ive heard of them doing sky diving impressions mid ride! lol. As for the rubber bit thats one i havent heard of before!

I will check out the sharks and see what ones are about!

I know there is nothing wrong with the KBC but i cant wait to get it off as all i can hear when im riding is wind noise and its not going to be long before i throw it out of a plane to then really let it have some wind noise! lol.

:lol:

See that worries me about the side cover thing as its not the first time ive heard of them doing sky diving impressions mid ride! lol. As for the rubber bit thats one i havent heard of before!

I will check out the sharks and see what ones are about!

I know there is nothing wrong with the KBC but i cant wait to get it off as all i can hear when im riding is wind noise and its not going to be long before i throw it out of a plane to then really let it have some wind noise! lol.

HI Matt have owned 6 arais now from a signet gt astro r and j and rx7 corsair and have only lost one side pod bout £40 for a replacement but its mainly due to constantly changing the visors and not putting back on propley. Arais are quiet noisy due to the side pods but in my opion probably the best fitting and comy crash helmets you can buy. I personally have never paid full price for an arai last two i have bought is a plain blue rx7 corsair which was £250 and an astro r race rep in haslam colours paid £190.00 for that and they were both last yrs lids ( date stamp around the strap ) as i know that at the bmf and nec the dealers sell them cheap as old stock some upto 5 years old.

Other lids to look at are the shoei xr1000 good deals to be had and good colour schemes light and quiet and visor comes off easier for cleaning etc approx £300.

And the other one i would look at is the AGV titech not a rossi rep tho massivly overpriced plain colours again should be bout £300 and black one is cool. ( but AGV just dont fit me well as would have probably bout one)

try cissebury leathers they usually have lots of deals on...

Stuart

Hi Found this place in my internet searching, they're a bit cheaper

http://www.gearchangeonline.com/product_list.php?id=156

i've got a £59.99 HJC Helmet (Reduced from £129.99) that i'm thinking of getting rid of, i've been told it's alright as budget helmets go but should i be weaing a budget helmet, not sure

There you go £374.99 - Bargain!!

http://www.gearchangeonline.com/product_desc.php?id=1048

:beerchug::beerchug:

Hi Found this place in my internet searching, they're a bit cheaper

http://www.gearchangeonline.com/product_list.php?id=156

i've got a £59.99 HJC Helmet (Reduced from £129.99) that i'm thinking of getting rid of, i've been told it's alright as budget helmets go but should i be weaing a budget helmet, not sure

Hi would use it as one of those nice plant pots !!! :lol:

hi if i were spending that kind of money that it would have to be one of the simpson helmets.more than likely the bandit. at around 300 its a brilliant lid and jsut looks the f*cking dogs!! however if an arai your after ive never heard a bad thing about them. also the shoei x 3000 or whatever it is is ment to be a good lid as well. however i just can;t fault my rst lid!! the upper model from mine is very nice too.

and sorry but,

IVE FINISHED ALL MY EXAMS!!! :D :D

hi if i were spending that kind of money that it would have to be one of the simpson helmets.more than likely the bandit. at around 300 its a brilliant lid and jsut looks the f*cking dogs!! however if an arai your after ive never heard a bad thing about them. also the shoei x 3000 or whatever it is is ment to be a good lid as well. however i just can;t fault my rst lid!! the upper model from mine is very nice too.

and sorry but,

IVE FINISHED ALL MY EXAMS!!! :D :D

Had a simpson bandit had colour matched to my bike met silver and gold looked the dogs but worst lid i have owned poor visibility noisy (was one of the early ones) not much chin protection but still looked good on my old streetfighter 98 R1

Had a simpson bandit had colour matched to my bike met silver and gold looked the dogs but worst lid i have owned poor visibility noisy (was one of the early ones) not much chin protection but still looked good on my old streetfighter 98 R1

cool, o really that suprises me! a streetfighter r1. thats just what i want!!! but in silver and a 1999-2002 model! id sell my hornet tmrw for a similar spec r1. i wanted a bandit helmet colour matched to my bike too, woulda been brilliant but very expensive as the paint is 4 tone so woulda been a few notes!

Awesome!!!!!!

Result, i have just emailed them to check that the helmet is a uk spec lid and not snell and if so i think i might have to spend some of my next paycheck!!! lol.

:beerchug::beerchug::beerchug:

Just E-Mailed them to see if they were uk spec helmets or snell and they are uk spec, but they said there is no chance of getting the new haga rep!

Not sure why but nevermind....................back to teh drawing board!!!

<_<<_<<_<:angry::angry::angry:<_<<_<<_<

Just E-Mailed them to see if they were uk spec helmets or snell and they are uk spec, but they said there is no chance of getting the new haga rep!

Not sure why but nevermind....................back to teh drawing board!!!

<_<<_<<_<:angry::angry::angry:<_<<_<<_<

Whats the point of advertising it then.......

dont know!

Not unless they are hard to come by at the minute but i would have thought that there would be quite a few of these reps floating about by now!!!

grrrrr.......

<_<

Thats it im going to get a Arai even if i have to pay full wack for it! lol :blink:

dont know!

Not unless they are hard to come by at the minute but i would have thought that there would be quite a few of these reps floating about by now!!!

grrrrr.......

<_<

Thats it im going to get a Arai even if i have to pay full wack for it! lol :blink:

Hi matt snell lids are better spec than uk lids so it would not bother me is what all the racers lids are (snell tested) think there ok on a track here in the uk too

Hi matt snell lids are better spec than uk lids so it would not bother me is what all the racers lids are (snell tested) think there ok on a track here in the uk too

Ah cool cool, i didnt know what the difference in the tests were, although i had her people saying that the snell helmets were not tested to the same standards!

Well its a shame either way as i cant get the haga replica as ive got no change of getting it apparently!

grrrr............... lol

;)

• 1 month later...

SORTED!!!

After a few weeks of rining round hunting lots of email addresses etc i finally got hold of the helmet!

It looks the nuts!!! Its a bit more orange than expecting but still its an amazingly light and comfortable lid and love every time i have to put it on my barnet! lol

Will post pics up soon as ive also got a tinted race visor and a few tear offs! lol

Yes i know the tear offs are essential for road riding but hey they look cool! lol

:D:D:D:D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online