DT 400 gear shifting question.

This post is 6165 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey.. wondering if somebody could give me a little insight on this.. I have a Yamaha DT 400.. and sometimes when I shift.. I forget to hit the clutch.. BUT!.. it shifts with no problems with no clutch. Is it necessary all the time to use the clutch? Really just wanting to know incase i'm in the trail and my clutch cable goes on me.. I know that when I'm stationary.. I have to use the clutch to go in to neutral or first after stalling it in mud or something.

Thanks for any help you fella's (and gals if there are any) can give me.

-Derwood

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hey.. wondering if somebody could give me a little insight on this.. I have a Yamaha DT 400.. and sometimes when I shift.. I forget to hit the clutch.. BUT!.. it shifts with no problems with no clutch. Is it necessary all the time to use the clutch? Really just wanting to know incase i'm in the trail and my clutch cable goes on me.. I know that when I'm stationary.. I have to use the clutch to go in to neutral or first after stalling it in mud or something.

Thanks for any help you fella's (and gals if there are any) can give me.

-Derwood

dont!

you shoudl always sue your clutch!

if you dont, your whole trnasmission could eb damaged resulting in big reapir bills! :o

your clutch also sounds like its out of adjustment if it changes gear the same with it in or out...

dont!

you shoudl always sue your clutch!

if you dont, your whole trnasmission could eb damaged resulting in big reapir bills! :o

your clutch also sounds like its out of adjustment if it changes gear the same with it in or out...

Figured something like that.... Actually.. It will only shift with no clutch when it's in a high revving state. But yeah.. clutch from now on lol.. thanks.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online