New Rider

Mr Marlboro
This post is 6171 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey everyone just saying hello im new to this forum and id like to chat about a first real bike iv had 2 yamaha's already started off with a 125 rd (twin) and now got stuck with a knackered aerox am now going to do my restricted bike test and im looking around for a good first bike id like a sporty ish bike not a 170 mph death wish i love riding not planning my funeral lol iv been looking at a fzr 400r in a local bike shop and its the cleanest bike iv seen ever for the age at a good price to just wondering if you guys could give me any tips or ideas thanks

Matt :rolleyes:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

What are you riding plans?? Are you a fair weather rider, use it everyday for commuting person??

How tall are you as well as that also have a bearing!

Cheers and also welcome along!!!

:D

Well thats the only problem with a fzr 400r im 6ft5 but i only work 6 miles away and it will also be used to go out riding on the odd evening and every sunny afternoon

hmmmm being quite tall id imagine that bike would become very uncomfortable very soon, especially if you go out for an afternoon blast!

Have you thought about looking at Fazers?? They are good for the work run and have enough room for taller riders and wont shoot you like a rocket from a gun when you drop the clutch! lol

Or are the more old skool bikes more appealing to you??

In that case possibly the YZF750 might be an option?!?

Matt

or even an R6, they are nice bikes to commute on as i do it and yes they can be quick if you want them to be but are very nice bikes to just ride and let the world go by as you know the power is there in case of emergency but you dont have to use it!

I would say prob a Fazer would be a better option becuase of your height might give you cramp over a longer distance on a smaller sports bike!

iv already decided to stay away from r6's gixer 6's n zx6 r's not because i dont like the bikes i adore them i think they are beautifal pieces of machinery but i just dont trust myself on 1 i have the self control of a shark in a swimming pool lol so im just lookin for something a bit sporty but not o.t.t under 500 preferably but given my height does make it hard i no =o(

I can see your problem with the throttle lol :lol:

got to admit it does look very clean for an older bike. Have you sat on it or taken it out for a test ride?

If you are sure thats the bike you want then look into it i just worry about how comfortable you'll be after about an hour on a smaller bike as crap isnt comfortable when it hits!!! lol

:huh::angry: