timing

bosco
This post is 6173 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

have been trying to get the timing right and im just not getting it ive done it three times now am only getting fire on number 1 cylinder plus backfiring somebody help please

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hmm, when my XJ750 did that it was because I had the plug leads on wrong. I had 1&3 together, and 2&4 when it ought to have been 1&4 and 2&3.

Might be worth checking, what bike is it?

Hmm, when my XJ750 did that it was because I had the plug leads on wrong. I had 1&3 together, and 2&4 when it ought to have been 1&4 and 2&3.

Might be worth checking, what bike is it?

tried it wasn't that I've done the timing three times how bout this the timing plate mark has more than one line with the T beside them to the right exactly what line is the mark and which stroke is tdc on

tried it wasn't that I've done the timing three times how bout this the timing plate mark has more than one line with the T beside them to the right exactly what line is the mark and which stroke is tdc on

on my xs400 the timing marks are called RF for right LF for left. The LT/RT etc is for the valve timing.

just a thought

on my xs400 the timing marks are called RF for right LF for left. The LT/RT etc is for the valve timing.

just a thought

there's a t with two or three lines to the left tdc is supposed to be at the t but there's no lines on the t itself

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online