malaguti xtm 50 same as dtr50

shortyd2k
This post is 6021 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi im 16 and i recently purchest a malaguti xtm 50 the first thin i did was cut the exaust open and ripp the catalick convertor out is there any thing els i can do to it to make it go fast (is it worth chopping that silly extra pipe off the exaughst it flows in 2 bottom of the air box ) pleas help thanks ryan

• 2 months later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

pull the snorkel off the top of the airbox, i take it you ahve chanegd the ejts in your carb?

you could go upto a 13 tooth sprocket, it comes with a 11 tooth standard. it gives it betetr top speed but a little less low down.

i have a 2007 dtr50 . .the endruo model. great bike.

also, you know the pipe coming off the exhaust, plug it up, it basically recycles old fumes from the exhaust so they wont burn aswell as fresh air =)

tell me if you have any other info please. . :D

• 1 month later...

WELL I DOO NEED 2 LOOSE SOME WEIGHT BUT I NOW HAVE MY BIKE DOING BETWEEN 70 - 80 IT NOW HASA 14 TOOTH FRONT SPROKET I PULLED THE TUBE OFF AIR BOX PIPE ON EXAUGHST HAS GONE SIZE 100 JET AND I GOT PULLED FOR SPEEDING ACCORDING TO THE COPPER I WAS DOING 60MPH IN A 40MPH ZONE IN 4TH GEAR <_< DUNNO HOW THAT WORKS BUT NEVER MIND HE LET ME OFF (NO PROOF SES ALOT ) BUT THAKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP IM 17 SOON BRING ON THE HUSKY TE510 :lol:

Interesting question: Do mopeds have to go through the annual smog inspection or are they exempt from that?

I DONT THINK THAT ANY BIKE IS SMOKE TESTED ONLY CARS

well im only 16 and i can see it was pointles in putting a cat in the exaughst of a 2 stoke bike i mean my bike is a 04 plate and when i cut it out (april 2006) it was so gunged up and there is no way of changing cat as the exaughst is a seald unit ( :angry: maby a ploy to get mony off people :angry: ) but yer my bike is so much better and sounds like a poper 50cc so crisp like a motocross bike :lol:

• 1 month later...

i URGENTLY need parts for my 2007 model dtr50. i rang fowlers (main yamaha dealer) and they asked for a number on a white sticker..?!

anyway, i need the rear bolt from the axle through the rear wheel, m13 i belive. also need a graphics kit!

I CANNOT FIND ANYWHEREEE THAT SELLS ANYTHING!

im seriously thiking about selling the thing, but the graphcis are all mashed up. and ther bolt is self loosening. the threads stripped a bit. so any ideas anybody?

also, it barely does 80kmh now. soo. . servicing for the minarelli am6?

starting too regret buying it now..

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online