R6 Low Rev Problems

Mike 777
This post is 6167 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi Just got a 2000 R6 which runs rough at low revs I have too rev it hard to pull off or the engine stuters and stalls but runs OK at higher revs.

I thought thjis was the carb but after a service I was told the bike is producing too much compression.

And (Dont understand this bit) isnt clearing the oil way properly?? does anyone know what would cause the problem and how to cure the problem.

Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Just got a 2000 R6 which runs rough at low revs I have too rev it hard to pull off or the engine stuters and stalls but runs OK at higher revs.

I thought thjis was the carb but after a service I was told the bike is producing too much compression.

And (Dont understand this bit) isnt clearing the oil way properly?? does anyone know what would cause the problem and how to cure the problem.

Thanks

Do you wash it wish steam cleaner cos it sounds like there is water in the coils which caused a similar problem for my bike.

Regards

Do you wash it wish steam cleaner cos it sounds like there is water in the coils which caused a similar problem for my bike.

Regards

no didnt steam clean it but garage says it has too much compression?? I didnt think you could have too much compression

hi i'm new to the site and i have a 1999 r6 and i have the same problem can anybody help.

i've changed the plugs but the only thing i've noticed is the carb to the left is soaked with fuel when i take the air filter off.

could this be just the carbs need setting up or somethin else.

and help would be appricated

stu

• Who's Online (See full list)