Major oil leak!

samdtr125
This post is 6189 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

My 89 dtr125 seems to have a real problem. oil is obviously spraying out from some where as the whole engine is covered in oil. even the back wheel and disc have got oil on them! :( Any suggestions as to what it could be would be great!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I'd run the engine and check for any leaks. When I bought my DT I had a leak from the shaft that my front sprocket bolts onto and the kickstart side engine casing was leaking badly as well. Can't think of many places it could be leaking that badly though. Check the cylinder base gasket isn't letting anything out.

I'd run the engine and check for any leaks. When I bought my DT I had a leak from the shaft that my front sprocket bolts onto and the kickstart side engine casing was leaking badly as well. Can't think of many places it could be leaking that badly though. Check the cylinder base gasket isn't letting anything out.

I know its a pain in the bum... but clean the engine all over till its mint clean, then run it to see EXACTLY where it is coming from, then post back on here where you think its coming from and we'll be able to help you a little better. Dave.

I know its a pain in the bum... but clean the engine all over till its mint clean, then run it to see EXACTLY where it is coming from, then post back on here where you think its coming from and we'll be able to help you a little better. Dave.

cheers for the advice. i'll give it a real good clean (could definetely do with one!) then il give you the latest. Sam

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online