hard to handle

smokie
This post is 6196 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

can anyone advise on this problem i have just bought a xj900f and have noticed when leaning in to a corner the bike does not want to go far down and the handle bars want to turn into the corner (can be a bit scary at speed) the bike is fitted with continental tyres front and rear

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

can anyone advise on this problem i have just bought a xj900f and have noticed when leaning in to a corner the bike does not want to go far down and the handle bars want to turn into the corner (can be a bit scary at speed) the bike is fitted with continental tyres front and rear

I would start by cheacking the head races (the bearings that hold the steering head to the chassis) sit on the bike at a stand still and turn the bars slowy side to side if you can feel a slight notch when the steering passes the strait ahead position, then you need to change them strait away. then quickly check your handle bars rare in the correct position and are equal with each other, if they're ok make sure some one hasn't tried to drop the forks through the yokes to sharpen the steering (best get a manual for the corect measurement procces here).

if all else fails get a new set of MATCHING tyres, preferably with a nice rounded even profile. hope this of some help.

(p.s. i know it a bit lame but check your tyre pressure too, some times the simplest things are over looked by all of us at times)

I would start by cheacking the head races (the bearings that hold the steering head to the chassis) sit on the bike at a stand still and turn the bars slowy side to side if you can feel a slight notch when the steering passes the strait ahead position, then you need to change them strait away. then quickly check your handle bars rare in the correct position and are equal with each other, if they're ok make sure some one hasn't tried to drop the forks through the yokes to sharpen the steering (best get a manual for the corect measurement procces here).

if all else fails get a new set of MATCHING tyres, preferably with a nice rounded even profile. hope this of some help.

(p.s. i know it a bit lame but check your tyre pressure too, some times the simplest things are over looked by all of us at times)

thanks for that will give these suggestions a try thanks again

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online