Yamaha TTR Start-up difficulties

This post is 6208 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I am having trouble starting up my "Yamaha 125 TTR", recently it has been at strange... (Keep in mind it is electric start, but it does have a kick start also) When I start it up using the electric start button it makes a strange noise but I cant really explain the noise over the internet...but...any ways I would appreciate any Start-up trouble shooting tips :D

Thank you in advance

~Fred

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Could possibly be a starter clutch issue? :unsure:

My old Seca550 did the same thing.....until I finally got fed up with it & didn't want to spend stoopid $$ to replace it. <_<

So I yanked it & bump started that beast for the last 6 years I had it. :blink:

Made for some interesting looks after fill-ups @ the petrol station. :D

You're lucky.....you've still got the kicker......& besides, it's only a 125...which is alot easier to kick start than say....a 550 like mine. ;)

Could possibly be a starter clutch issue? :unsure:

My old Seca550 did the same thing.....until I finally got fed up with it & didn't want to spend stoopid $$ to replace it. <_<

So I yanked it & bump started that beast for the last 6 years I had it. :blink:

Made for some interesting looks after fill-ups @ the petrol station. :D

You're lucky.....you've still got the kicker......& besides, it's only a 125...which is alot easier to kick start than say....a 550 like mine. ;)

new battery?

my old biekd id it, a strange kind of ticking noise?