mileage

alanfred
This post is 5907 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

has anyone got a thundercat with as many miles as mine 59700 and counting

Nice one!!!

I got an R1 with 40k on the clock,

tho its had new wheels, swingarm, fairing, forks, shock, engine.......... so doubt theres anything on the bike done that much...... lmao.

Lets See whos got the highest mileage motor.!!!!

• 10 months later...

Nice one!!!

I got an R1 with 40k on the clock,

tho its had new wheels, swingarm, fairing, forks, shock, engine.......... so doubt theres anything on the bike done that much...... lmao.

Lets See whos got the highest mileage motor.!!!!

I put 52,500 miles on a 1987 Honda 250 rebel (my first bike) between 5/99 and 9/03. When the power output shaft gave out it had a total of 57,200. (had 4,700 miles on it when I bought it.) I also put 45,500 on a 650 custom between 9/03 and 5/07, but I have a friend in South Dakota that has almost 140,000 miles on a 2001 650 classic.

Hi all, sold my 2003 xj900 divvy 2 weeks ago, after putting an extra 60000 miles on her, had 11000 when i got her in June 07. I dont think 60k miles is too shabby in that time span.

Got a kwak zzr1100 now, bored out to 1260cc, gas flowed head, lowered, extended swingarm (to stop it wheeling so much), 6 pot Billett brakes on the front and a one off paint job, for a bit of fun.

Hi all, sold my 2003 xj900 divvy 2 weeks ago, after putting an extra 60000 miles on her, had 11000 when i got her in June 07. I dont think 60k miles is too shabby in that time span.

Got a kwak zzr1100 now, bored out to 1260cc, gas flowed head, lowered, extended swingarm (to stop it wheeling so much), 6 pot Billett brakes on the front and a one off paint job, for a bit of fun.

:hail:

Now disrespect to the British Isles, but how do you get 60K, in a year, on an island?

:hail:

Now disrespect to the British Isles, but how do you get 60K, in a year, on an island?

Yep i can see where you where going with that one. Well it was less than a year it took me to tot up those miles. I was couriering nationwide on a daily basis, every day i did distances (well huge to some), often doing 1000 miles in 2 days, up and down the motorways of this not so fair nanny state. . er Isle, lol. Some days i neva made it home, parking up and kipping on park benches( not good for the back) and was even found asleep under my bike parked up in services. Ive lists of places ive been, i did this 5 days a week and sometimes weekends 2,depended what was needing to be carried, from parts for the channel tunnel, emergency engineered parts for big name factories, to passports, visa applications, credit checks, jewellery, u name it i carried it. Its dead easy to clock up miles here. I ride everyday, even when not going anywhere in particular, and dont feel ive been anywhere unless ive drained the tank and filled up again, something i did 3 or 4 times a day when couriering.

When i ride at weekends and meet other bikers who proudly tell thier mates theyve done 300 miles in a month on thier bikes, i hold my breath, thats a usual sunday ride for me!

B)

Where do I apply for that job? :icon_biggrin:

I agree about those easyriders. Ooh, 300 miles in a month! I do that in a week just riding to work 5 days a week and usually put 200 to 600 miles on the weekends. The most I've put on the saddle in a day was 970 miles (Florida to Houston, Texas) in about 14 hours. One of these days I'm gonna make it into the Iron Butt Association. The most I've ever done in a year is about 20,000. But I don't ride for a living. Still, hats off to ya.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online