Defected.

Deepee
This post is 6187 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Having riden Honda's for what seem's an eternity i've opted for an R6-R for a change, to see what the opposition has to offer, Pick it up On Thursday

OLD

600RR-1.jpg

NEW

R6R-1.jpg

Is it thursday yet ?, Is it thursday yet ?, Now is it thursday ?

Hope you Like.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

first off WOW, i am just about going onto my 5th bike and i am looking at a cbr600rr ( i had a test ride and could not believe the power and handling) but that R6r looks amazing in fiat. where are you getting this from, as i never seen 1 like this?

first off WOW, i am just about going onto my 5th bike and i am looking at a cbr600rr ( i had a test ride and could not believe the power and handling) but that R6r looks amazing in fiat. where are you getting this from, as i never seen 1 like this?

George Whites in Swindon Funky, they have some in the Camel Colours too.

That was my 2nd RR and its a great bike, tbh ... i dont like the 07RR, feels like a 125 between the legs realy skinny, the seat is so narrow.

The R6 looks stunning and the Fiat colours just makes it alittle different.

is that bike in george whites ? i was thinking of getting that :) nice bike

is it a thing with george whites and thursday ? i brought a r6 from there and picked it up last thursday . only prob is that u have to run it in at 4000 revs thats 46 mph for 600 mile . i felt like a right twat riding bk to andover . had cars pulling horse trailers overtaking me :( btw how much is the r6 in fiat colours ?

Error, Yes i did get it from whites Today, Blinking Hoofing it down all day so stuck it in the garage Changed The Can, Fitted the tail tidy and closed the door again.

As for Running in its Half the Clock revs so that's around the 8500 mark for 600miles. Theres no way im sticking to 4000 revs the engine will end up tight a FCUK you need to get it bedded in m8.

Error, Yes i did get it from whites Today, Blinking Hoofing it down all day so stuck it in the garage Changed The Can, Fitted the tail tidy and closed the door again.

As for Running in its Half the Clock revs so that's around the 8500 mark for 600miles. Theres no way im sticking to 4000 revs the engine will end up tight a FCUK you need to get it bedded in m8.

oh right , the guy at whites said to do 4000 revs and no more for 600 mile . as this is my 1st new bike i didnt wana mess it up so ive stuck to it and done 323 so far , are you sure its half the rev counter?? btw what did u pay for fiat colours?? plz tell me :P

It was 7K Error, alittle more than a standard pre reg 06 R6 but i think its worth it. As for the running in you wont cause any damage, the same dealer told me 8500rpm, My last 600RR was 9000rpm limit as was my 1st m8. I've got no problem reving it to around 8500, this is my 3rd new bike and I had no problems with the previous 2.

so where u from ? swindon? did u go to the whites weekend thingy ? about a month ago?

Yer im from the swindon area m8, As for the Grand opening bash, I was working all weekend so was unable to attend but by all accounts it was a good few days from what i gather. One thing Whites does well is open days, auctions and big names are always going on along with some great bargains.

i went on my old zx6r and when i see some of the bikes there i decided to get a new one :).

i rang white workshop and asked um about 4000 rev run it in thing and he said yamaha do say run in at 4k but if you do the bike wont be so responsive and that doing 8ish wont do any damage at all to the engine and its prob a better way of running it in

Finaly the Rain Stopped enough for me to get the Road Silt off it after the ride home from the dealers on Thursday, had to put it away gopping till today, but still gave me time to Fit the Lazer Can and R&G Tail Tidy and Give it a proper Clean:

DSC00161.jpg

DSC00163.jpg

DSC00140.jpg

DSC00144.jpg

And With the Rear Pegs Removed & Blanks Fitted.

DSC00170.jpg

DSC00168.jpg

you left ya standard cators on? i took mine of n put some smaller ones on, ill post some pics up soon .

btw do you know any one that wants a remus can for the new r6? open to offers

I will keep my ears open about the can m8 i take it it's for the 06/07 (New Shape) did you not like it ?

As for the indicators i will get some LED ones soon as they only take 10 mins to swap over as well as a slighlty smaller plate.

yea the can is for an 06/07 , i got it b4 i got the bike but now ive got the bike i dont realy wana change to much right now as its new

Yer i like the twin pipe design, Makes an awesome noise even at 8k can't wait to get it up to 17k........ :D

still running my r6 in but i took ur advice and went up 2 8k , but 2day an m5 3.0 bmw tryed to race me and i couldnt let him beat me so i went up to about 15k only for a short while tho and i won :)

LMAO m8, its so difficult keeping it down i know and tbh... it will run in better in the long run with a few higher running sessions ................................. :rolleyes:

hi m8 do you have a double bubble screen for ur r6? get blue one for £17.99 or black for 19.99

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online