DT Start problem

mike090
This post is 6210 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi i have had a Yamaha DT 125 for about a week now, although i havnt riden it much, however yesterday i went round a friends house and as i left i reved it up to around 5000 rev's and it just cut out, and i have not been able to start it since. ive made sure im not being a jack ass and have just run out of petrol, but i have still got a half tank, and i have plenty of oil.

plz can somone help??

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

The main jet in my DT was forever clogging, usually undoing the bolt on the bottom of the float chamber was enough to cure it, otherwise whip that carb out and clean out the jets with some carb cleaner, a bit of fuse wire or an air line.

hmm im starting to think it might be the battery.... the lights are starting to get dimmer, ill give it a charge and if that doesnt work ill check the spark plug, do any of you know what rate i should charge the battery at, it is a 12 V , 3 amp (10 hours)

The battery wouldnt have anything to do with the engine just quitting on you unless it came disconected (wich it probably hasnt if you can still turn the lights on). Check the alternator, if it comes disconected, your batt would lose its charge and you would have an open circut in the wiring wich would cause the bike not to run.

What's your mileage? It's unlikely but it may have just done too many miles and thus needs a top end rebuild.

Could be lots of things really but I think it's most likely something silly that we haven't thought about yet.

You tried switching over to reserve? Sometimes the fuel taps get a bit blocked.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online