fuel line help

apathetic
This post is 6218 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

i made a crude sketch of my fuel lines

a friend took a look and said it may be wrong

i tried comparing it to a picture in my haynes manual

in the manual you can see a line going directly from the petcock to the left carb

but you cant see anything going to the right carb

he asked my why there is a Y splitter and if there were originally 2 petcocks

possibly on the original tank (as if my tank is not original... im not sure though)

the fuel line for the left carb is pretty short and flows easily at a downward angle towards the inlet

but the fuel line for the right carb come out of the other side of the splitter and actually runs at an upwards angle (against gravity)

this is not really portrayed in the sketch

but the longer distance needed for the gas to travel to the right carb, as well as the fact that is has to go up and over the left carb to reach the right carb inlet could be a potential source of problems

the left intake manifold nipple is connected to an inlet on the petcock

im pretty sure its for the vacuum operated petcock so that it only feeds gas when there is vacuum...

the right one is plugged the a vacuum hose that has a screw on the end of it

is it possible there should be 2 petcocks?

is it possible the the petcock should have 2 outlets for gas (i have 1 for gas and 1 for vacuum)

can anybody point me in the right direction please?

thanks again for your time

fuellinevu4.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi,

thought you had the carbs sussed!

1) the petcock has one supply from the bottom outlet going to the left carb

2) the connector at the back of the petcock goes up underside of the tank and to the right intake. this is the vaccum to operate the flow of petrol (gas)

3) there is a pipe link between the two carbs at the back, just above the float bowls, it also acts like a support between the two carbs so could be misconstrued as such, but is in fact the supply to the right carb.

there's lovely for you!!

Hi,

thought you had the carbs sussed!

1) the petcock has one supply from the bottom outlet going to the left carb

2) the connector at the back of the petcock goes up underside of the tank and to the right intake. this is the vaccum to operate the flow of petrol (gas)

3) there is a pipe link between the two carbs at the back, just above the float bowls, it also acts like a support between the two carbs so could be misconstrued as such, but is in fact the supply to the right carb.

there's lovely for you!!

thanks again for the help drewpy

yeah i was the one with the carb problem

but i think i almost fixed it

after i reinstalled them the last time after i "fixed" them

i didnt get a chance to try to start it for a couple days

when i finally got a chance a couple days later, it started on one kick on a cold motor!!!

it still had the problem though... my next steps are a carb sync, points/gap, valve adjustment

but a friend pointed me in this direction, the petcock, fuel lines, air filters...

so i figured id give it a try

if i have anymore questions, ill ask as always

THANK YOU AGAIN

thanks again for the help drewpy

yeah i was the one with the carb problem

but i think i almost fixed it

after i reinstalled them the last time after i "fixed" them

i didnt get a chance to try to start it for a couple days

when i finally got a chance a couple days later, it started on one kick on a cold motor!!!

it still had the problem though... my next steps are a carb sync, points/gap, valve adjustment

but a friend pointed me in this direction, the petcock, fuel lines, air filters...

so i figured id give it a try

if i have anymore questions, ill ask as always

THANK YOU AGAIN

no problem

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online