NEED HELP WITH PARTS!!!!!

Cowboy
This post is 6221 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just wandering if anyone knows, I need to source some parts for my '79 xs250 but that is proving quite difficult. Mainly i need a right hand exhaust (just the end can) but i cant find one anywhere. Parts for the 400 are easier to find, i was just wandering will the parts (exhaust) off a 400 fit my 250 and will it alter the power dramatically (good or bad). If anyone can help me that will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers in advance,

Chris

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Just wandering if anyone knows, I need to source some parts for my '79 xs250 but that is proving quite difficult. Mainly i need a right hand exhaust (just the end can) but i cant find one anywhere. Parts for the 400 are easier to find, i was just wandering will the parts (exhaust) off a 400 fit my 250 and will it alter the power dramatically (good or bad). If anyone can help me that will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers in advance,

Chris

OEM exhausts? forget it I had to buy a 3n6 version (nearly the last one in the world!!). the only way to go is sito, there is a distributor

http://www.vyxxn.co.uk/ need to email them for prices and availability.

I use motoward, cmsnl, speed sport, bike bandit, pgm (really RD aircooled but the 400D shares a lot of stuff)

400 is the same as 250 except for smaller bores and carbs and associated parts. get a parts book from ebay and that will help you identify the commonality.

if you do find a new right oem exhaust (1U4) let me know

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online