CDI unit dispair

shamus
This post is 6235 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

been on ebay etc but can't find any derestricted CDI units for my 1994 dt

i want to sort it, pipe, silencer, cdi, re-jet and possibly even supermoto wheels if i gte bored of gettin muddy. ha ha ha

just wondered if there is somewhere i will find one or should i give up looking.

cheers if u can help me. shamus

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Wouldn't bother mate. The CDI restriction only affects the servo driven models which only came into the market in 1996 so it'll do sod all for you. Even the servo driven models are not affected much. Best thing is to get a DEP system or hollow your stock one out as the exhaust is a very big restriction. Remove the airbox snorkel, rejet and you'll be well away.

your cdi should be fine..... if its only a 94 model.

take your front pipe off, remove the insert that looks like a washer (three spot welds)

pipeflange.jpg

its actually a piece of pipe with a smaller bore

pipeside.jpg

discard this and refit your front pipe.

unless your powervalve has been adjusted in the past it will be pegged shut restricting your engine to around 14bhp.

by fully opening the powervalve you can gain up to 26bhp. trouble is if you fix it open you wont have much power in the low revs (this is where a servo comes in handy) but once you hit the band it will pull well.

no mate.

later models ie after 03 the front pipe restrictors are right inside the fattest part of the expansion pipe.

to derestrict these you have to cut the pipe in half, remove the two restrictors and then weld the pipe back together....... a lot of work for very little gains.

best off buying a dep or an earlier original front pipe 88-99 and derestrict that.

i just happen to be breaking a 92 dtr and have a derestricted front pipe for sale :D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online