What is my bike?

frylock
This post is 6206 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I bought this bike from this guy and he said its a yamaha 250 but he didnt know the year or model of the bike.He said he got it from a guy that used to race it.The engine looks bigger than 250cc to me.If anyone can tell me anything about the bike by the pictures please post what you know.

yamaha2504.jpg

yamaha2505.jpg

yamaha2507.jpg

yamaha2508.jpg

yamaha2506.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • 2 weeks later...

arnt u gonna have to buy alot of parts to get that back to good?

Yes he is and the parts are not cheap. As long as the engine is sound then there shouldn't be a problem. Just get it looking vaguely presentable and go ride it. It'll get trashed soon enough anyway so there's not much point getting it mint.

if i had that bike i would spend as much money as it needed to get it back to near original condition. wouldnt be easy finding parts but well worth it in the long run.......

could be worth a lot of money in the future if kept well.

yz250_82.jpg

mind you id be more inclined to look for a proper classic twinshock to refurb.... like this 71 yz250

71_YZ250_rightside_750.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

arnt u gonna have to buy alot of parts to get that back to good?

Yea it looks like it's going to be alot of money to get it running.Apearently the coolent leaked out while it was being ridden and it caused major engine damage.Like the piston and head have holes in them,the crank shaft bearings are bad and theres a crack in the bottom of the crank case.At this point i dont know if its even worth putting the time,effort and money into fixing it :( .

• 2 weeks later...

Hey man, do you want to sell that bike? Ill buy it from you! how much?

• 2 weeks later...

i would fix it up! i have an 82 yz250. i sold the frame, gas tank, seat and plastics, but i still have everything else(including an engine that runs like new). i wish that i never would have sold it, it has been garage kept and the engine only has about 1000 miles on it! i found it in my grandparents basement and my grandad said that i could have it. but yeah! thats what i would do with it.

i would fix it up! i have an 82 yz250. i sold the frame, gas tank, seat and plastics, but i still have everything else(including an engine that runs like new). i wish that i never would have sold it, it has been garage kept and the engine only has about 1000 miles on it! i found it in my grandparents basement and my grandad said that i could have it. but yeah! thats what i would do with it.

Well I would really like to sell it to someone that would restore it....would be ashame to part it out.So if I do decide to sell it you'll have first shot at buying it.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online