Replacement Carbs

Jonners
This post is 5686 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I rebuilt a 1981 XV750SE about 3 years ago, but the one thing that lets it down is poor carburation. Original carbs, although thoroughly cleaned, work well for a while and then degrade. Poor starting and slight misfire while running from time to time.

Clean em up and retune and they are fine for another 500miles.

Can anyone recommend replacement of the original Mikuni carbs with another more modern type or style?.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Have you tried ultrasonic cleaning?

I used JRS and cost £100 for a pair to clean.

Have you tried ultrasonic cleaning?

I used JRS and cost £100 for a pair to clean.

Thanks drewpy. Yep, tried that and it does help. Basic problem is that the carbs are knackered and I am told that I can't get replacement jets etc.

Reason for the request on replacement is that I recently changed the std. carbs on my 78 XS650 for Mikuni CV34M's and the difference is amazing. Now starts first kick, no popping and banging and so on.

I guess the only option is to find some more standard carbs and build one good pair out of the bits.

Ta - Jonners

• 1 year later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online