xj600

martin43
This post is 6290 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

can anyone help me please!!!

i've just put the head, pistons and barrels from my running xj600 (grearbox has failed ) onto a replacement lower half

( good gearbox i hope?? ) but it's refusing to fire or run.

the timing was set to the haynes manual, valve clearence is fine, good strong sparks, got fuel, but the best it will do is backfire sometimes ( mainly through the carbs ). is it possible to time it 180 degrees out ??

any good idea would be a help, i'm stuck!!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

can anyone help me please!!!

i've just put the head, pistons and barrels from my running xj600 (grearbox has failed ) onto a replacement lower half

( good gearbox i hope?? ) but it's refusing to fire or run.

the timing was set to the haynes manual, valve clearence is fine, good strong sparks, got fuel, but the best it will do is backfire sometimes ( mainly through the carbs ). is it possible to time it 180 degrees out ??

any good idea would be a help, i'm stuck!!

sounds like timing to me, I put my thumb over spark hole to get feel for the compression then I know the timing marks will be tdc.

sounds like timing to me, I put my thumb over spark hole to get feel for the compression then I know the timing marks will be tdc.

good shout ! i'll try that over weekend,then,if still no joy,i'll take it apart and start agian.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online