help!

skullarms
This post is 6280 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all, just me again hassling you all, gonna post some pics of my wreck soon but need some more advice, my TR1 has a control unit for the wiring, can i junk this? i have a wiring diagram from the internet for a 1986 virago that a guy posted and looks good, but first i just want to turn the engine over, how can i do this? the engine is complete but on the bench as the bike was a wreck when i bought it i couldn't turn it over, can i do this with a fresh battery and a few wires?

\i know i must sound like a nob but this is my first project and its from the ground up so i need all the help i can get!!!

Thanks guys.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi all, just me again hassling you all, gonna post some pics of my wreck soon but need some more advice, my TR1 has a control unit for the wiring, can i junk this? i have a wiring diagram from the internet for a 1986 virago that a guy posted and looks good, but first i just want to turn the engine over, how can i do this? the engine is complete but on the bench as the bike was a wreck when i bought it i couldn't turn it over, can i do this with a fresh battery and a few wires?

\i know i must sound like a nob but this is my first project and its from the ground up so i need all the help i can get!!!

Thanks guys.

never throw anything away, 6 months later and you will want it. I can tell you from experience on that one :rolleyes:

to turn the engine over, just use the fat black lead from the starter motor (or whatever that colour is) and ground another heavy duty lead from the negative on the battery. Take out the spark plugs first as it will be easier to do this with less compression. Also squirt a little oil down the bores to help lube the engine.

I assume that you still have engine oil in the engine and that you are checking it over to make sure its not seized? dont leave the starter on for more than a few secs as it will burn out!

I would put the engine on the floor, that way if it jumps, it won't fall off and crush you toes, or what ever is sticking out at the time!!!

never throw anything away, 6 months later and you will want it. I can tell you from experience on that one :rolleyes:

to turn the engine over, just use the fat black lead from the starter motor (or whatever that colour is) and ground another heavy duty lead from the negative on the battery. Take out the spark plugs first as it will be easier to do this with less compression. Also squirt a little oil down the bores to help lube the engine.

I assume that you still have engine oil in the engine and that you are checking it over to make sure its not seized? dont leave the starter on for more than a few secs as it will burn out!

I would put the engine on the floor, that way if it jumps, it won't fall off and crush you toes, or what ever is sticking out at the time!!!

Hi mate, thanks for reply, been working overtime so sorry for delay. Engine is on floor, that is my bench :P \yep still has oil and yep checking not seized, any ideas where i can get a gasket set? I agree about the throwing away, i meant not use it but it will stay in my garage along with the other bits not used, thanks again for your help you are truly a genius!!!

Hi mate, thanks for reply, been working overtime so sorry for delay. Engine is on floor, that is my bench :P \yep still has oil and yep checking not seized, any ideas where i can get a gasket set? I agree about the throwing away, i meant not use it but it will stay in my garage along with the other bits not used, thanks again for your help you are truly a genius!!!

not hard, you use ebay

Item number: 140075701437 put item number under buy section>search

german site but takes paypal and I've bought plenty from germany!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online